Optimum human Order, the Olympics

by waton 18 Replies latest social humour

• waton
    waton

Anybody watching the olympics here? Bodies perfected, minds steeled against pain?

Amazing performances in sailing, running, jumping, throwing. Had a funny experience today:

after a night of watching Roger Bannister's look alikes doing the 200, 400, 5000 mts, , the pole vault, visually the supposed post -armageddon normal,

I had to visit an office, and was shocked by the consistent contrast in appearance of the able help, fully filling all the chairs, to what I had seen all night. Then it dawned on me, I had seen them too, --- during the hammer throw.

thank you for the minus signs. but really,

what is your take on this expression of near adamic / evic perfect, human peak performance?

ps: games are serious matter, Brazil and Mexico soccer teams nearly coming to blows.

Understandable, perhaps these were boys, that had rising from unimaginable poverty to be at the pinnacle and are now challenged in their further climb.

• waton
    waton

watch to where not watchtower , but watch how here:

10 meter ladie's platform: 1.45 seconds in weightlessness, time enough for somersaults and with an entry into the water with only a gurgle.

just one of the amazing feats to feast on. all on energy provided by the father of it all.

• Simon
    Simon

It's hard to describe quite how boring and uninteresting the Olympics is to me.

A bunch of overpaid people enjoying their hobby ... all paid for by taxpayers who are then expected to applaud them? No thank you. The original ideal of the Olympics being an amateur athletics competition have long passed.

Also, your posts are gibberish. Remember kids - don't do drugs!

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I enjoy watching the Olympics (some), I think its astonishing to what can be done with the human body with some training.

Its mostly a contest of human genetics when you think about it.

I was a long distance runner in my 20's

I also think about how I'm out of shape I am in comparison to those athletes, while I sip on my cold beer and chomp on my pizza.

I think I better go for a brisk walk

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Never watch it. No interest in sport.

• waton
    waton
    I was a long distance runner in my 20's Rm

I too was involved in some of these sports in the 1930,40ies,( have a film clip of the long jump, with tabulation done in 1942), soaring off the 10 meter platform, the 15 00 meter races, hitting the wall, the "needles" pain. so, deep interest, fellow feeling here.

Its mostly a contest of human genetics when you think about it.

Rm, yeah, it is amazing how the runners, pole vaulters look like the models that walk the fashion shows. Hope that these fine specimen and speciwomen have more kids than the welfare queens.

(money better spent on excellence at the top than the bottom, the big bottoms ) Simon. .

• hoser
    hoser

Any institution that spends billions of taxpayer money while there are people living in squalor on the streets should be abolished.

If you support the Beijing olympics this winter you are supporting genocide .

• waton
    waton
    Any institution that spends billions of taxpayer money while there are people living in squalor on the streets should be abolished.

h valid point. but by cutting down the top, you are not going to help the lowest.

some in the bottom are beyond help, and there is also the trickle down effect. the human race has been lifted up most by it's top performers in every discipline. science particularly.

The olympics are just showcasing one aspect of human excellence.

perhaps some of the lowly, that were not in the mainstream employment mill, found jobs in the years long olympian show.

• hoser
    hoser

Valid point. Although a waste of resources taxpayers money does give jobs.

• waton
    waton

on a different note.

Women's soccer gold was given to Canada by a Swedish player, who rolled the ball in the shootout into the hands of the Canadian goalkeeper.

bread and circus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit