Elders once a year check-up on DF ones.

by Blueblades 22 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    This is farcical -- I am sure the "arrangement" is just o get their numbers up

Right! It absolutely is a farce. this "program" was instituted so the org would have something to say to people -- including those inside the congregations -- who complained the act of DFing was so unloving. In reality, most elders would never bother to make these calls if they weren't pressured to do so by the CO and a letter from "mother." The meetings at which elders determine who the recipients of these calls will be is interesting. The instructions make it clear that elders can skip over the names of those who obviously won't have any interest because of their known opposition. A few calls get made so when the CO asks, the elders have an answer.

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

Out for 24 years; bona fide apostate...no calls from any elders.

I guess I'm a dead sheep. Perhaps a goat. Or, ohhh... the devil's child.

• caligirl
    caligirl

The Sept KM ( I hijacked my mom's while she was out with my son ) "reminds" the elders to check up on DF'd and DA'd ones as specified in the April 15, 1991 watchtower, pgs 21-23.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Working on 13 years.

No calls, no visits, no notes. Come to think of it they didn't bother to visit, call, or check in even when I was attending. So why would I expect any different just because it says they are suppose to in a confidential book for elders?

Goshawk

• Debz
    Debz

I have been d/f`ed for nearly 25 years ...no calls nothing.....

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

During the last 17 years, nothing like an "official call". The "apostate" label is worth the cost! Usually the "publishers" carefully avoid my place, but at times they forget and call...

• shamus
    shamus

Nothing here. Of course, they don't really know who I am....

They came by once and I just told them no thanks...

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

my wife--5 yrs 1 call. Me first year out, trust me they don't want to call on me.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I've been DFed for 15 years and I've never been called on and the witnesses have come to both my houses and know I am DFed.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    He admitted tha Elders can't read the heart and make mistakes 'MISTAKES' destroying someones life is a mistake???

Amazing, isn't it, how they fail to grasp what it is they really do, what they set in montion, by dfing someone.

( Not like the prodigal,who was restored on the spot by his father,rather ,by sitting for six months in the back of the hall and given the silent treatment. )

Excellent point blueblades. There was a case locally where they made one brother sit for several months. He then submitted the required letter for reinstatement which the local elders said - get this - was too short! So he had to wait longer before submitting another one. Last I heard, he finally did get reinstated. It's amazing how arbitrary they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit