Elders once a year check-up on DF ones.

by Blueblades 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

WE got this call from one of the Elders who DF'd one of our loved ones.He wanted to know where so and so lives,phone # etc.This after two and a half years.They wanted to make contact to see if that one wanted to return to the congregation. ( Not like the prodigal,who was restored on the spot by his father,rather ,by sitting for six months in the back of the hall and given the silent treatment. )

He admitted tha Elders can't read the heart and make mistakes 'MISTAKES' destroying someones life is a mistake???If you can't read the heart ,how can you tell the difference between the two "W's" Wickedness and Weakness.What makes you think that in six months you can read the heart and re-instate a DF person and now know that they are no longer Wicked.

We gave no information except to say that the DF one is not destroyed and is doing fine and does not want to return.

Then the Elder wanted to arrange for a shepherding call on us.No thanks,we don't need encouragement.

Elder encouragement ='s Meetings ='s Field Service ='s Bible Study ='s,Do More,Do More.

Blueblades

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Well I have been out for over four years and noone has tried to contact me, and live five miles from my former hall. I guess it depends on the body of elders.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I've only been out a few months, so it's too soon for them to start trying to visit me. I don't think they will though, since I told them in my letter to stay away.

Walter

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

My parents have been DAed for nearly 3 years now and they've never been offered a visit or received a visit from the elders. I'm pretty sure that since they are so outspoken that they aren't welcom back.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They don't like my questions, like . . . Where does the Bible say to snub someone who talks to a person who associates with a person who quit attending events sponsored by The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation?

They know that I know who they are and what they are and they know their ghosts and gods stories have no affect on me other than to amuse me. They know I have no respect left for them and they know I have read and noted their past literature and their publishing corporation's prolific ability to print error upon error. The new light flashing crap doesn't work on me either.

They have lied to me, given me deadly medical advise, insulted me, belly pushed me, told my children to shun me, then had the audacity to call me and ask to speak to my wife. What idiots!!!

The last elder to call here told me the end of the world is near and when I asked him if he had any proof this time, he hung up on me. What a jerk!!!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Well I have been out going on 8 years..not so much as a phone call, coming to my home or even acting like they see me when I walk by them. I think it is kinda funny that my ex is still an elder..I guess they do not dare to speak or come to see me.

Sometimes being known as an apostate has its advantages. Even if they did show up I think I would just tell them to take a hike.

Leslie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Elder encouragement ='s Meetings ='s Field Service ='s Bible Study ='s,Do More,Do More.

Blueblades

You are correct -- and even then - no matter how much you do it is still never enough -- even if youi were to reg pioneer -- well can you reach out to do hall cleaning or whatever --they just put burdensome loads on everyone

This is farcical -- I am sure the "arrangement" is just o get their numbers up "to encourage" the R and F

• mouthy
    mouthy

They came to me after 13 years( I am DF) & asked if I would like to be reinstated....They said they were here because they loved me ??? I said after 13 years they came!!!!Better late than never I guess.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

It's been 23 years for me, and I have yet to receive any such "shepherding call".

When they work my territory, every bell in my building will ring except mine. This tells me that I am a "marked apostate" (I'm sure it says so on the territory card). They know who I am. They know where I am. Yet, they deliberately avoid any contact with me.

I wonder if there's an "official" Watchtower determination which has ever been made in deciding when a person is "too far gone" to be worthy of shepherding?

• simplesally
    simplesally

2 years --- no calls .......... Sally, happily of the unloved class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit