At what age should JW children start going to the KH?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

My daughter was 3 weeks old at her first Convention and had already been to meeting. She was 1 month old out in service. I remember she was so little but so loud (not crying), she would always have her morning poop at the hall and would grunt so loud! People were good natured about it but it would always turn heads. One elder was, "Who is that?" And his wife giggled, "Its Teryn".......we were in their bookstudy and he was also at the hospital when she was born so he just smiled, Teryn and I were like family to them at that time.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I agree with Hamas. As a witness I would have said children should go right from day 1. Now, I say they should never go. If it were up to me, NO ONE under the age of majority would be allowed to associate with any cult. Better yet, ban cults entirely.

Walter

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

When the child reaches this age, I think the time is right.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Jayhawk1, LOL!!!!!!!!

Dimples

• blondie
    blondie
    To force children and even worst babys,in some situations like a must for YOUR belive this is cruel and abusive system.

Arancia and anyone else, then the issue is not the age of the child. The issue is the organization/group they are "forced" to be part of. Based on many remarks here, no age would be acceptable. Total nonattendance by the children seems the only thing acceptable. The abuse comes in being part of the organization not the age at which you are part of it.

Many children do not like school, yet they are "forced" to attend. Based on that, it is not being forced to attend but on whether the group/organization is seen as providing something positive in the child's life.

Just so everyone knows, I was attending meetings from an extremely young age. I preferred it to staying home alone with my abusive father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit