At what age should JW children start going to the KH?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Did it bother you to see new born babies go to the kingdom hall? Only a few days/weeks old, and already at the kingdom hall. The baby crying throughout the meetings.

At what age would it have been reasonable to bring a child to his first meeting?

• Hamas
    Hamas

As a Witness, I would have said as early as possible.

Now I say never at all.

• JH
    JH

I noticed that couples with a new born baby showed how devout and obedient they were by bringing their newborn to the hall.

They knew that the child would cry all the time, but they wanted to show that they were obedient to the elders.

I think this was another case of child abuse...

• Hamas
    Hamas

What the hell are you doing in Germany ?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hmm round about the age of 94.

A sister in our cong carried her 4 day old baby to the meeting and dropped him on his head as she stood up to sing the opening song, he went with a thud! The baby never cried and she just carried on as if she had just dropped the mags on the floor, it wasnt an issue for them at all. Huh.

In saying that, I guess most JWs have been dropped on the head so its no big deal.

Brummie

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I don't think young children should be at the meetings. Why? Because most don't possess the ability to sit quietly for long periods of time. I would often seen parents bringing their kids crayons and paper to draw. Just leave them home with someone. I as an adult could barely sit through the meetings and pay attention because I was bored out of mind. Young children shouldn't be subjected to that.

• JH
    JH

Hamas, I have german blood in my veins, that's why.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I like the Germans.

• JH
    JH

I would say 3 or 4 years old, not before. That too is young.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I would say 3 or 4 years old,

Man, you are far too kind. I'm just glad I am not raising my kids in that sh*t. Makes me shudder to imagine them sitting there like little cardboard cut outs in ties.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit