I wonder if their are any parents of theses children on here now .May 22 1994

by smiddy3 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Jesus eye..... my god.....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If they're still in then I imagine their belief in the 'resurrection(tm)' will keep them going.

If they're out then who knows?

If they are now atheists then they must be in a world of pain.

What ever the case, the WBT$ is responsible for crimes against humanity for the 'blood doctrine(tm). Long may they suffer.

eyeused - that's awful and made me feel sad.

All the more reason to topple the Governing Body in the most horrible way for them.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Eyeusedtobeadub I'm so very sorry, that hits hard.I don't know what to say, I've never heard anything so gut wrenchingly sad.

No one should have the right or power to tell another how to live his life.

• freddo
    freddo

What Diogenesister said.

Truly stomach churning.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I am the son of someone who died not taking blood at the advice of JW's but he was only studying at the time. The Elders assured us we would soon see him in the New System but because he wasn't baptized, they wouldn't let us have his memorial at the Kingdom Hall. He was worthy in their estimation of a resurrection but not unworthy of having his memorial held in the Kingdom Hall and he certainly wasn't worthy enough to be featured on the cover of the prestigious AWAKE! magazine.

A few years ago however, I did meet an X-JW couple who lost their young because of the Blood issue (Leukemia) and later left the organization over doctrinal issues....talk about ongoing grief and heartbreak.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks guys for the comments and experiences of what we might have done under the circumstances.

Eyeuse2badub I have no words to express my sadness here beyond it being so tragic.

Diogenesister ,This religion has a lot to answer for,thank you for your input.

Reopened mind:You dodged a bullet here thank you for your candor

In the 1960`s here in Melbourne Australia when I was a new convert their was a sensational case being played out in the media about a couple ,JW`s who had refused a blood transfusion for their baby who died.

I heard years later he was Dis-fellowshipped and that their marriage had broken down and I always felt that it was such a sad ending for them for what they had gone through as a couple so many years before.

I often wonder what became of both of them after all these years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit