"..Witnesses suffer from anxiety, depression, addiction...many have been lost to suicide. After reading this story, you may understand why.”

by Penelope1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Penelope1
    Penelope1

From the book, “The Least of God’s Priorities”, by Bo Juel.

Please support Bo in his efforts to expose the truth about the Watchtower Organization – a secretive and destructive cult posing as “God’s Organization on Earth.” His publication is now available in paperback or Kindle through Amazon.com.

Check out chapter two--but grab some tissue first!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bo+juel

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The people in the Borg always claim ''we are the happiest people'', ''we are the happiest people''' on,and on....but just get a candid shot of the rank and files's faces, you see some of the most morbid, morose sad faces imaginable.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We know soooo many in the cult who are on every prescription med to reduce anxiety and depression and they swallow the pills down with booze. We care deeply for some who are doing this. We just want to scream..."get out of her." If they left, they may realize what is causing all their issues. You may have to loose family and conditional friends but the freedom (IMHO) is priceless.
  • HappyGal
    HappyGal

I'm reading it now. About halfway through. It is heart-breaking what Bo went through. Penelope1 - I agree about grabbing some tissues.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

My therapist asked me a while ago if there was any equivalent to therapy that the JWs provide. When I explained the way that sort of thing works - ask the elders and get told to have more faith, read your WT, basically throw yourself more into the cult, and then no continuing support - he said "well I guess that helps to explain something. A friend of mine works in a mental hospital and told me recently that they see a lot of JWs there."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I remember an elder giving a talk once and he made a snide remark about how some "so-called professionals will claim that Jehovah's Organization causes depression and anxiety... well, you tell me brothers, does it?"

The whole audience laughed derisively and applauded.

I remember sitting there feeling angry at the question and the response from the audience, but at the time I didn't know why.

Looking back now, I can see I was probably beginning to wake up and incidents like this were helping me do so.

• Penelope1
    Penelope1

Ya'll hit the nail on the head! I was in for nearly twenty years so I know EXACTLY what your talking about--the sad faces behind happy masks, the rampant mental and emotional problems, the elders and their pseudo-Watchtower psychology, etc., etc., etc. Needless to say, I'm crazy thankful to be out -- just wish i had left sooner!

Please post your reviews here should you decide to read the book. I'd love to know what you think!

Oh and don't forget amazon.com! Bo would really appreciate any positive reviews there as well.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It makes one wonder what these psychologists/doctors/depression institutes think ''what the hell is going on in the JW's churches that all the dubs coming in here all depressed?''
  • Zoos
    Zoos

About 4 years before I started making the connections that there was something wrong with the organization and not me, I was in a pretty frazzled state and asked my doctor for Prozac (or some kind of anti-depressant.) He told me I would have to make an appointment with one of the clinic's psychiatrists. So I did.

I felt perfectly comfortable telling her exactly what had me twisted up, and that it mostly centered around the teachings, obligations etc... from my religion. Without hesitation she pointed out a few contradictory points that caused MASSIVE dissonance (now I know what that phenomenon is) in my brain and I knew immediately she was an agent of Satan trying to trip up my faith.

She asked me what I hoped to accomplish with this visit. I answered, "I'm not leaving here without a prescription..." and then the tears started. I couldn't help it. She told me a lot could be resolved if I were to just step back and examine my situation. I said, No!

She shook her head and wrote the prescription.

It took another 4 years for me to wake up. I went through hell to get here but I think I... WE are the lucky ones. How many never get to wake up?

• hoser
    hoser
    I'm not even going to read it. When I read about others suffering because of oppressive regimes I am unable to contain my anger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit