Moon Landing Conspiracy?

by Shakita 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Prisca
    Prisca

Well Ozzie, just because you showed these kids a film of men walking on the moon means they have to believe you? How do you know these people really were on the moon? Were you there on the moon at the same time? If you weren't, then why do you expect the kids to believe what they see on tv?

Everything and anything can be faked and these kids know it. I'm not saying that the moon walk was faked, but it's good to see a bit of healthy skepticism in kids.

It's because of people believing everything that is presented to them, is the reason why so many people became, or remained, JWs. Including us. After all, perhaps if we were as skeptical as these kids, we wouldn't have remained JWs for so long, eh?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Umm, let's see. The Russians would have ratted the U.S. out if it was not true. One of the 1300 people who worked at NASA would have said something if it was faked. Not to mention the 18 astronaughts who went to or around the moon would surely have had something by now. Sounds like somebody walked on the moon to me. All the so-called facts as to why man did not walk on the moon can be explained scientifically if you take the time to do some reading. The problem with many today is they fly off half-cocked looking for conspiricies where there is none.

Don't forget this was brought to you by the FOX Network the same network that brough us Alien Autopsy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hmmmmmm...........

Actually what really amazed me was that the kids had never heard of men walking on the moon. I guess it was not the earth-shattering event we supposed at the time?

• Shakita
    Shakita

I, again, think that it is healthy to have open discussions in a classroom setting. But, when kids of high school age start believing shaky theories over documented fact, it is time for the teacher to put some of his skills into practice and give these young adults a history lesson.

alt

These guys risked their lives to go to the moon and back. And, what do they get in return 30 years later, a kick in the ass. What a shame. If I was Neil Armstrong, I would be sad at the current state of learning in the high school classroom today.

A great website with more Apollo 11pics: http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/apollo/apollo11/html/s69_39956.html

Just how in the world was there a massive coverup with the amount of people involved in taking these brave men to the moon. This just really irritates me to no end.

Mrs. Shakita

• sens
    sens

After what ive read...nothing would surprise me...nothing.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    After what ive read...nothing would surprise me...nothing.

Not even if the WTBTS did a "Wag the Dog" video of Armageddon and convinced all Jehovah's Witnesses it really did happen in 1975?

• sens
    sens
    Not even if the WTBTS did a "Wag the Dog" video of Armageddon and convinced all Jehovah's Witnesses it really did happen in 1975?

LMFAO!!!!!!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

No comment.

• teejay
    teejay
    Teejay, Do you mean to say that disbelief is healthy, just for the sake of disbelief???

No, LW, I only mean to say that until a matter can be established as true then a dose of disbelief is healthy. There is plenty of evidence that the government and other so-called "trustworthy" institutions have willfully lied to its constiituents in the past -- all the while using supposedly scientific data to support their version of "truth" as they lied thru their teeth.

It does a body good to at least have the understanding that not every person, group or institution is worthy of our trust. Trust must be earned, based on a consistent record of fiduciary conduct.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

What about the empirical evidence? With the powerful telescopes now available to the public it should be possible to dial in on the landing sites to see if in fact there were landings on the moon. What about the laser reflector left (by Apollo 11?) that can be used to precisely measure the distance to the moon? While the ambient light reflected from the moon will wash out most normal photography using different wavelengths it might be possible to look at the landing sites and see the trace evidence (tracks made by the lunar rover etc) of activity at the landing sites. This isn?t even considering a tasking of space based observatories that have much greater resolution being trained on the landing sites.

There are too many ways to poke a hole in the No-Landing theory with just the physical evidence alone.

Goshawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit