Moon Landing Conspiracy?

by Shakita 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Shakita
    Shakita

Don't get me wrong, I DO believe that the Americans did walk on the moon.

What does concern me is this:

My son is in High School. His history teacher asked the kids in his class if they believed the recent moon landing conspiracy as true. The entire class put their hands up. Not one of the kids in that class believed that the Americans ever set foot on the moon! I was totally taken aback. The kids all saw the fox channel episode that brought up certain questionable facts to prove that the US never even attempted a flight to the moon. Are they all mad! What is the world coming too!!!

Here is an article from CNN that goes along with this:

NASA debunks moon landing hoax conspiracy

Did man really set foot on the moon?

February 19, 2001
    Web posted at: 12:54 PM EST (1754 GMT)

By Richard Stenger
    CNN.com Writer

(CNN) -- Did NASA land men on the moon? "Yes, we did," the space agency proclaimed Monday on the Internet, rebutting newly boosted claims from conspiracy theorists that the Apollo missions were faked.

"A recent TV program resurfaced old questions about whether NASA really sent astronauts to the moon between 1969 and 1972. We did," the agency said on its home page.

altMESSAGE BOARD
    Moon landing: myth or fact?

Airing Thursday on the Fox Network, the sensational show advanced the idea that the United States did not have the ability to go the moon but staged the landings to one-up the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

Reputable scientists dismiss the claim outright. "Sounds ridiculous? Of course it does! It is. So let me get this straight right form the start: This program is an hour-long piece of junk," explained astronomer Phil Plait on his Web site, Badastronomy.com.

The theorists point to supposed oddities in NASA moon shots to boost their claim. Among the most prominent: The U.S. flag should not be waving. Camera crosshairs should not be behind lunar features in the distance. Stars should be in the background.

Plait and other scientists dismiss such notions. Flags can ripple in a vacuum and the U.S. one is doing so because an astronaut is moving the pole to which it is attached.

Camera crosshairs appear to be behind white objects in some images because the images bled slightly during development, like overexposed film. And why are the stars absent? They are too faint for the camera to pick up, according to Plait.

"From the very first moment to the last, the program is loaded with bad thinking, ridiculous suppositions and utterly wrong science," he said.

NASA adds another line of defense. The program never raised the issue of more than 800 pounds (363 kg) of lunar rocks that astronauts brought back to Earth.

"Geologists worldwide have been examining these samples for 30 years, and the conclusion is inescapable. The rocks could not have been collected or manufactured on Earth," the NASA site said.

The space agency has encountered other such theories since the landings took place. Why bother to respond to what most consider such harebrained ideas?

"I think it wasn't in respect to the show. It was an answer to the number of e-mails that we were getting as a result of the show," NASA spokesman Bob Jacobs said. Many of them came from elementary school teachers, who said their students had asked them about the show's claims.

-------------------

This just seems crazy to me. Even my 11 year old believes the television show over the truth. I was working at the time and did not see it. How do you fight a conspiracy theory like this?

Mrs. Shakita

• Valis
    Valis

Dam and I thought skally posted this...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• rocketman
    rocketman

You fight it with the facts, such as those from the site you posted.

Unfortunately, that's what happens when people who don't have enough info are given one-sided persentations......hmm...kind of reminds me of a certain religion.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Mom,

Tell J and S to get their heads out of their rear-ends....LOL. Have they eyes? I mean, the logic is ridiculous. Fake Apollo 11. Fine. But then why fake it for the next three years? What reason?

Kids these days....

ash

• Shakita
    Shakita

Ashi:

You should have seen their faces!!! They (even though still young) believe this drivel on the tele over years of space missions and lives lost in the space program. Sometimes I question the $$ spent on going to a rock in space....but, if the human race can survive the next few 100 years, maybe all the effort put forth now will be the answer to our survival in the future. Who knows? Who knew that Europa might have the capacity to hold water under all that ice, and maybe some form of life within it? You never know.

Mrs. Shakita

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Nasa is linkined to the government. Why not hide it? They would have a lot to lose. Who knows if it iwas faked, but I wasn't there, I didn't go to the moon, I didn't see the men get into the space ship and take off, now did I? So I won't say one way or the other...

• Hamas
    Hamas

Conspiracy theories just rot your brain.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    His history teacher asked the kids in his class if they believed the recent moon landing conspiracy as true. The entire class put their hands up.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Kids are much more savvy these days, especially with the internet at their disposal. They have access to allsorts of information which previous generations did not.

I am not saying that I disbelieve in the Moon landing. I am sure the event took place.

What I am saying, is that with the government's track record for lies and cover-ups, it is easy to understand why we are raising a generation of skeptics.

For example, was that really a weather balloon that they uncovered at Roswell? There is now too much legitimate information available to prove otherwise, yet the government persists in adhering to the same lie they've been telling for sixty years.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Skepticism is not the same as naive stupidity. Please don't drag such a good thing as skepticism into the mud of television inspired stupidity.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So you are telling me that all the NASA ground crew were in on the conspiracy, the 3 from each appollo 11,12,13,14,15,16 astronaughts were in on it -- (yes I include 13 becasue they still orbited the moon and came back) and of all these they are all concealing the conspiracy and they are hide the truth from their families and none of this has leaked out --my god conspiracy theorists must have nothing better to do --get a life -- what a load of fu-----g cr-p (sorry simon but this makes my blood boil)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit