JW critically injured after being electrocuted in assembly hall

by Anders Andersen 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You mean Jah wasn't protecting the brothers while this building was being constructed

Maybe he didn't like the design so refused to pour out his protective spirit over the construction ?

I can see this happening, there always seems to be people doing things on JWS volunteer construction sites who aren't totally qualified to do the task..

They get pushed into doing actives out no one else has the experience, so brother Blow Joe gets elected or volunteer's himself and accidents happen..

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I don't know what the laws are in Belgium. But in this country if H&S laws are broken, the government will prosecute with or with out the victims permission.

• Splash
    Splash

Belgium is the heart of EU bureaucracy, I'm certain there will be an inquest.

Hopefully they will inspect the rest of the building and the operating procedures too. This is another opportunity for God's organisation to be improved by Satan's more caring system.

The victim was transported to a hospital in Sint-Niklaas.

I find it ironic that he was treated at Father Christmas' hospital.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Splash;

I find it ironic that he was treated at Father Christmas' hospital

LOL!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Tragic! Wonder how the press got the story.

Hope it prompts an investigation into WT's non existant health and safety protocols.

I've been at KH renos where little kids were running around playing tag amongst people operating power tools like nail guns etc.

Limbs being sawn off trees by Brothers without a clue how to go about it not even wearing hard hats whilst families and old people arriving for field service walking underneath.

Large urns that dripped and spluttered boiling water for tea and coffee and children playing tea parties with the thing.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Wonder how the press got the story.

People start to wonder what happened when 30 streets and the traffic lights on a crossing in a national highway are out of power for an hour...

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Some more details:

The victim was shocked with 15.000 volts.

The local authorities (similar to DA's office I think) sent some people (CSI and 'an expert') to investigate. So far the results of the investigation seems to indicate this was an accident (as opposed to an intentional action. No surprise there)

Source of this info (in Dutch)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sparrowdown

"Limbs being sawn off trees by Brothers without a clue how to go about it not even wearing hard hats whilst families and old people arriving for field service walking underneath. "

That's because ''spiritual'' qualities will always trump the qualities of ''experience'' and ''practical measures''.

Always. Period.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I could only hope that his family sue the arse off of the JW/WT religion ,for whatever reason good lawyers can come up with.

But if they are all brain dead JW`s he will have died in vain serving a cult who wont compensate them enough for his death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit