JW critically injured after being electrocuted in assembly hall
Poor guy.....victim of ignorance....aren't there osha laws in Belgium? Or the equivalent...this should never have even been a possibility.
I feel bad for this man and his family that he got hurt while volunteering to serve
With most "worldly" organizations, they would be jumping through hoops to make sure he got the best medical care and didn't suffer financial loss, even if their main motivation was to try to avoid a costly lawsuit. With the Society, though, you can bet he is being "encouraged" to use his own insurance, if he has any. The Brothers™ will also "lovingly" point out that it would hurt "Kingdom interests" and bring reproach on the J-dog's name if he were to sue his "brothers" in a worldly court.
I can hear it now... "Brother Geezer, what a grand witness it would be if you upheld the Bible principle that "each one must carry his own load." (Gal. 6:5, Romans 14:12) Why, the Brothers may even decide to grant you credit for your missed field service hours! What a loving provision from Jehovah!"
Cheap, self-serving bastards! I hope he sues, gets a huge settlement, and wills it to his worldly relatives. Or, if he dies, his worldly family sues and collects big bucks. That, my friends, would be poetic justice.
I'm terribly sorry for the poor soul...what a way to end your life.
Damned obsessive cleaning of Jehovahs Witnesses. Watchtower keeping them busy doing nothing.
also know exactly where the dude got fried, the installation was old when I last saw it (25 years ago) and doesn't have a lock out. Most likely someone assigned him to the area because it's not where you commonly go although "it has to be clean for JehovahThis what makes one so mad about things like this. Why in odins name did they allocate an 81 yr old to do totally unnecessary hoovering anyway.
The Surrey Assembly Hall site of a sister turning up and working all day in high heels, the keys to the dumper trucks were a free for all, the utter stupid pointless waste of time that quickbuilds were haunt me to this day, someone holding a plank of wood, someone else marking with a pencil, someone with the saw and someone else walking off with the cut plank, the ultimate in inefficiency
Too bad about the old gent. He probably saw some Cob Webs in an electrical box or vault and stuck the metal vacuum cleaner hose into it. I'm guessing this is one experience they won't be using on the assembly stage.
It's easy to be critical but I remember one quickbuild where they were unloading a load of seats from a truck and instead of parking the truck close to the door, they parked if far away and formed a "human chain" and passed the seats a piece at a time down a line of 30 people instead of having two people unload it at the door. (of course it wouldn't have been as much of an "encouraging" sight to see if they'd have done it the smart way and it kept a whole lot of unskilled folks out of the way.)
Lets hope for his family's sake the Ass Hall had liability insurance. I don't know if they carry it or not. I don't remember it being on the list of costs for the Ass Hall when we had our "elder's" meeting at the Boasting sessions.
If he's an older brother he might not want to bring reproach on Jehovah or the Org with a lawsuit. Only the newer blind followers would think of a lawsuit
just think if the family do bring a lawsuit against the watchtower---and they fight it. what a fine witness that would be.
Vicarious Liability: the Org is responsible no matter how they try to spin it!
Best wishes to the injured person and his family.
Here in the USA not allowed to open a high voltage cabinet without training and wearing the correct rated arc flash protection equipment. Look at some arc flash accidents on you tube.