We did it, we got out!

by MonkeyPrincess 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Good for you, MP.

The first step is the hardest, and everything after that becomes a rediscovery of life itself.

That's sweet, that you're going to dress up the baby for halloween. The kid's going to have a semblance of a normal childhood, and that is a gift that is beyond words, believe me. I can't imagine the joys I'd have in my memory if I was allowed to follow my heart as a child.

Stay close to your sister; you definitely need her now.

ash

• Brummie
    Brummie

monkey it takes a lot of courage to do what you have done, congratulations on taking back your own life.

The first step is the hardest, and everything after that becomes a rediscovery of life itself.

Here here!

Welcome aboard monkeyprincess, its good to have you around.

Brummie

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear MP...enjoy your life. Breaking away from the fold is like giving birth. The pain will pass and the child will grow. Live well, Maverick

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I wanted to add my voice too. Welcome to the board, and congratulations on taking back your life. Just keep making your life your own.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Monkey,

You have my best wishes and hopes for your future. It's not easy standing up to family, especially those that are inculcated with the ability to control using guilt and fear. If you were in my neighborhood, I'd throw an "independence party" for you!!!

carmel

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I hope you have a smooth transition.

-M

• Emma
    Emma

(((((((MonkeyPrincess))))))))

Congratulations! What a wonderful beginning. You should feel wonderful that your child will never have to be cast away from you - think of all you've spared your sweet child.

HooRay for you!

Emma

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I'm proud of you MoneyPrincess!

It's not easy in the borg ... so really it is all about choice ... the transition to living is do-able!!!

she responded with "i love all you girls too, but not unconditionally".

Is this really what dubs are taught...? That their love for us is conditional...? I'm just wondering if that is really something spewed from the platform, or is it her personal take ...?

'Cuz I'm a shunned mom. My daughter and son have that conditional kinda shunning love for me...

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit