Hebrews 13:8

by Acer21 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Acer seems to copy paste bits from an ancient book. No answers. Just a load of old bollox.

I'm out.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Maybe same personality-wise or same as in purpose, etc. Not same form...

• Acer21
    Acer21
    @ punkofnice

"There are lots of things said in so called, Holy books.Why should we believe any of the things they say?"

---

Christianity is different as it answers the question about sin. What is sin, how does sin lead to death, How does God save creation from sin and death. No other religion answers that question.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Will the real Jesus please stand up ?

Jesus -the word.

Jesus- the logos

Jesus - Michael the Archangel

Jesus- the son of God

Jesus - the first born of all Creation

Jesus -the king of the Jews.

Jesus - the king of Christians

Jesus - the king for a thousand years after Armageddon

Jesus- a carpenter

Jesus - a babe and then a youth growing up.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Acer - Christianity is different as it answers the question about sin. What is sin, how does sin lead to death, How does God save creation from sin and death. No other religion answers that question.

So, let me get this right. An old book, written by men, says there is such a thing as 'sin(tm)'. Then it tells you how to get out of it, by giving money to some blokes or talking to an imaginary man in the sky.

Yeah. No wonder the contradictory old book is used in this way......ever know a religion that didn't use it to extort money from it's sheeple?

I'm sorry, mate; you've been sold a dud. Don't be fooled by man made concepts and con tricks. It's all a joke, and you've been pranked.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Acer - Christianity is different as it answers the question about sin. What is sin, how does sin lead to death, How does God save creation from sin and death. No other religion answers that question.

Sin is a concept fabricated by Bible writers for the sole purpose of controlling the masses. There is nothing called Sin. Its the greatest scam invented and still going on for thousands of years

• Half banana
    Half banana

Believers in Jesus have to take everything on trust about him. No historical eyewitness saw Jesus and no one wrote down verbatim what he said. His name does not even appear in any text until the end of the second century in fact neither does his description "Christ" appear until much later. The Greek text says Chrestus meaning "good" [man], the same word was used to designate earlier God-men saviours. In the early centuries he was mainly known just as "the Lord".

As for the "Word of God" this was borrowed, like much NT material from current Greek philosophy giving some needed gravitas to the Christian text.

I suggest that the reason the text at Heb 13;8 was included in the BIble was because the concept of Jesus as the Son of God and the Chrestus was constantly changing and the bishops (yes they had bishops: episcopoi) needed to stamp out dissent and give some clarification. Note the context; Heb 13:9 warns "not to be led astray by all sorts of strange doctrines". JB

Like the JW doctrines today, beliefs about Christ (and everything else) change over time, JWs no longer worship Jesus for example, and are based on expediency, that is, what is now favourable to believe for the sake of the furtherance of the cult.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

I dont remember that I ever heard something about this rather complicated passage in Hebrews in any talk in my witnesstime.

• waton
    waton
    it answers the question about sin

A21: and the answer is: ---it started with a talking snake, and will end with: --all those cowering in the four corners of the Earth being burned to a crisp. wow! and dont forget: you owe > 10% or all to the Guardians Of that Doctrine.

Hebr. 13:8,? like James 1:17 describes a condition where a possible being does not move through time as we do. - out of this world.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    TheWonderofYou4 hours ago
    "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

I dont remember that I ever heard something about this rather complicated passage in Hebrews in any talk in my witnesstime.

I'm not surprised. There is a similar passage in the OT describing God identically.

EverApostate3 days ago
    Sin is a concept fabricated by Bible writers for the sole purpose of controlling the masses
    I totally disagree as sin is a real thing. It is a disordered attachment to the pleasure and security of ones self with the disregard to the pleasure and security of others...in a nutshell. Seeking your own pleasure without the concern for others is selfish, hence sinful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit