Donating Online

by Saltheart Foamfollower 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I have just heard that the local needs item next week in the UK is to be about a new arrangement for donating online. Details will be in the September announcements letter due out on Sept 3rd. Speculate at will!

SF

• James Jack
    James Jack

We had a similar part 6 months ago here in the States. About 1/3 of our local contributions are done online through the Branch.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Set it and forget it. WT is trying real hard to get people to set up auto pay. What a great way to make money!!! We used to be so proud that we did not beg for money. My how things have changed. Sooooo many things!!!!

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

This may actually blow up in their face. Contributing through the local congregation gives a measure of social control and pressure.

Now persons may simply say if asked “I give/gave online”...even if they don’t. Witnesses are not always that honest and many PIMO can use this too.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

If it is already up and running elsewhere it must be bringing more money in or they wouldn't be extending it.

• former2free
    former2free

I don’t know about anyone else’s experience but I have never been a big contributor at the hall except for every once in a while. Course knowing what I do now I won’t ever again. However, in all fairness I never felt pressure to donate. So this new arrangement makes it even easier to get away with not doing it. I do agree with you designer I hope it does blow up in their face and that people donate less to the child sex crime cover up I mean the witness work hahaha. But unfortunately for the typical indoctrinated member they will probably set up automatic payments and the org will get what they want.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Well with the number of KHs reducing and becoming further to travel to they will need a "loving arrangement from Jehovah" for donating. Just for all those times you can't be there, so loving.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

wow the watchtower must be crumbling if even after all cut backs they have made these past six years yhey have to start this

• fulano
    fulano

It's the old fashioned "cut out the middle man".

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A 'local needs' part in the K.M. dedicated to donating online hey. Its all about the money, money, money, it can't be encouraging anymore. It's all about money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit