Highlights of Sept 2023 Watchtower

by was a new boy 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Geoffrey Jackson seems so much happier than back in 2015.

Geoffrey Jackson "Not my Field" Australian Royal Commission 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKi6J-YdC7E

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Nicest legs that ever appeared in a Watchtower.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

...but what is the black mark on the womans rh leg,,,toward the bottom? The woman on the left.

What is that mark on her right leg?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Bath Sarim:

What is that mark on her right leg?

It is a support frame. The one on the right has a support strut at the base of the right leg too. The women are looking at a shop display window containing mannequins, evidently remarking about which dress is suitable.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lol,,thanks🤪

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

The cultporation has and still is teetering on the heels of other high-control group-religions (FLDS, factions of Islam, etc.) where creativity and personal expression are outlawed. To show that it was senseless was that when Jaracz (of GB1.0) didn't want the Bethellite sisters (full-time and commuter) to wear jeans or denim pants while working particular jobs where PANTS were apropos/needed to be worn. The leadership's mindsets were TOTALLY back in the DARK AGES, to say the least! 🤦‍♀️😫

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hiddleswife

I used to enjoy holding ladders for skirt wearing sisters. Also the glass or open stair railings at assemblies. Sunlight back light is good too

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Around 45 years ago, my circuit assembly was at this former synagogue in Manhattan which Watchtower had bought in 1973.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    JR Brown was the District Overseer, before being the PR guy for the Society.

It came to JR's attention that a 'scandal' occurred on Jehovah's people, during lunch one day. So he relates to the crowd that 2 sisters went out for pizza that was close by.

A guy behind the counter tells the one sister that she has nice legs. The other young sister pulls up her dress and exclaims, "I have nice legs too!'

Oh my God, did JR ever rip into that young sister, like she was some Jezebel. He was so merciless, he public reproved her without giving her name. I figured she was just a naïve kid. She did it only one time, so it was not a 'practice'.
    • 20 Reprove+ before all onlookers those who practice sin,+ as a warning to the rest.

So here's a normal young Jehovah's Witness sister with somewhat low self esteem because she didn't sell 20 copies of the Watchtower and Awake that weekend. Isn't that where all JW kids got self esteem by selling magazines, since there's no personal celebrations allowed in the religion?

At the conclusion of his rant, he closes with, 'We know all our sisters have pretty legs.' Which all leg experts in attendance knew was untrue.

Often wondered if JR's 'love' ever woke that sister up.

Looks like Watchtower sold the building a decade ago.

• Listener
    Listener

JRBrown "We know all our Sisters have pretty legs"

This is one of the things that is so wrong with the organisation and the audience would have laughed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit