Geehovah this and Geehovah that.

by Foolednomore 13 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

why do they say jehovah god?- Exactly! I used to ask my jw why they did that. Did they need to differentiate between bob god and jah god?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The word ‘No’ should become something people learn how to say when dealing with JWs..Even if you have to practice in front of a mirror.

It sounds like you could have known my father. He said that to me many times. He did however offer much kindness, in secret, to those who truly were in need regardless of whether they were a JW or not.

I counted 27 times in a prayer if I kept track.

I have a dog training clicker. A couple times I clicked it during the prayer, especially closing prayers that were nearly a word for word rehash of the entire meeting, each time either Gee-HO'-Vuh or Father was said. It was pretty funny to hear the questions from quite a few about, "What was that clicking during the prayer." I never told them, I just laughed.

I don't like doing any business with JW's.

I don't do any business with JW's anymore. If one purchases a product or service you can be assured that it will be inferior in some way. And if you provide a product or service you will never hear the end of it if there should be any problem with it, even if you redo, rebuild, or restore whatever it was. As my father said in private to me, "If you provide anything to JW's and it doesn't last forever you will forever be a son-of-a-bitch in their book!"

• Ding
    Ding

I can't help noticing that so many of the behaviors people have mentioned on this thread (entitlement mindset, expecting help but never offering help, expecting others to follow the rules but not following them themselves, etc.) are the exact opposite of what Jesus taught about how to live.

BluesBrother's statement that JWs use the divine name "like he was their mate whom they meet in the pub" reminds me of the contradictions in the JW religion -- you're supposedly the only ones who are on a first-name basis with God (your "friend") and yet you see him as a stern, never-satisfied figure who might well annihilate you any day now at Armageddon because you haven't proved good enough to deserve his undeserved kindness.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I hate the weird pronunciation. When I was young it was said quickly, the way other words are spoken in our country.

J'hoevah

Now as OP says it's drawn out GEEEE HOOOE VAH🙄

And he's always the Grand this or that...the Grand engineer, the Grand designer, The Grand pub landlord, The Grand Bookmaker, The Grand war lord. Anything basically.

Carlawhy do they say jehovah god?-

That's another piece of weirdery. Why Jehovah God, not God Jehovah. That's not regular English. I think it's a hangover of them all being descended from krauts. I wouldn't say my Andrew husband, I'd say my husband Andrew etc It's title then name🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit