Geehovah this and Geehovah that.

by Foolednomore 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Some JW'S used Geehovah like a worn out Sunday dish rag. And so as those with a trade or talent. In my hall my family owned an auto repair shop. Most of the "Brothers " would take their car to us for service. We where not cheap but reasonable. But the Brothers where always looking for some sort of theocratic discount. Just was not happening in the real world. And in some cases we gave alot of breaks. But business is business. Pioneers would bring in their worn out cars and expected a miracle.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

Yes, a lot of Witnesses did over-use that name. And, too many imagined they were ‘owed’ something by other people there!

I noticed that if anybody in the congregation had anything desirable..like a trade, or a business or auto repair shop like your family had..these Users automatically imagined they should get things for next to nothing if not free!..Who gave them this sense of entitlement?? They were misled.

There is also something to be said for keeping your business to yourself as much as possible. Although, I realize that a person’s general story will become known before long. The word ‘No’ should become something people learn how to say when dealing with JWs..Even if you have to practice in front of a mirror.

After I saw the bad attitude towards me and other people with decent jobs or a career, I made sure I said NO to anything any nervy Witness would ask. After a while they didn’t ask anymore..These hypocrites didn’t get to criticize me and then ask for money..It doesn’t work that way!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It has often struck me that JWs use the divine name in an overly loose fashion. They presume to be on first name terms with The Almighty.

In Britain we have a Queen. I know that her name is Elizabeth. If I were to meet her would I grasp her hand and say “hello Elizabeth “ .... No way, you would have to be respectful and use he proper title.

If that be true of a mortal woman how much more the God of the Universe? We have gone from Jews who were afraid to utter the “ineffable name “ to dubs who use it like he was their mate whom they meet in the pub!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

There are 2 street signs in the world of JWs who abuse "brotherly love" for self gain -

One Way Sign - R6-1R, SKU: X-R6-1R

DO NOT TURN TRAFFIC SIGN - Mutual Screw & Supply

I always find it amazing how there are people who have no shame in taking from the goodwill and charity of others, but downright refuse to help anyone who needs it. As if it is someone else's responsibility to help.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I counted 27 times in a prayer if I kept track. it was so many I wonder if the speaker was pimo and making fun.

The other irritant is the titles some insert: excellency, grand God, creator, eminence, most high--on and on at starting prayers.

Very little ever said about the saviour jesus though

• carla
    carla

I never understood the whole name thing to begin with. If God is your heavenly Father why would you call him by his name? sounds disrespectful to me. They don't call their earthly parents by their given names do they? (just forget for the moment that jehovah isn't even correct to begin with)

In the same vein I also find some Christians use "so blessed" as a throwaway as well. (by Christians I mean non jw's as I do not consider jw's as Christian)

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I found the whole experience disrespectful to the universe and an insult to my intelligence to give credit to the invisible sky Daddy for something I did! An Brothers would bring in they driven hard hoopies for me to repair and expect a miracle. "Ooh Thank Geehovah " when thinks went well and things didn't cost them and arm and a leg. But when things where mechanical bad and needed thousands of dollars of repair, I didn't not know what I was doing and trying to make a great profit off poor brother, I was treated like Satan. They are so disgusting. I don't like doing any business with JW's.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

... and then it has abusive spouses that will threaten you to stay together because Geehovah says this and wants you to do that - at the same time they themselves not adhering to any of Geehovah's sayings.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Bats in the Belfry- that's the truth. I had a devil of a time getting out of a Jw marriage. No support from them and their wacky made up rules.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why do they say jehovah god?

is god the surname ?

is there a family called god ?

jehovah god

jennifer god

alison god

brian god .

or is god the job title ?

jehovah god

jesus christ