Need help...Resurrection JW beliefs from the 50'6 and 60's.

by Snoozy 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

wt, the bible ? introduced the idea of "children of the resurrection" instead of "offspring of Adam".

The later can procreate, the resurrected ones not.

wt says that jesus was talking to people with an earthly hope (until pentecost) and for that reason the "no marriage", no procreation no sex desire/agony applies primarily to the earthly resurrection, but obviously, definitely to the 'spiritual' one.

In a recent funeral talk the widower was deftly spared these detailed ramifications.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Pretty hard to argue with a wanting delusion

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Ding I think she is looking for anything to connect her to the past. Her Mom is in another state and has disowned her. Her Dad has remarried to a wonderful catholic gal yet he too is considering going back. I told her I felt sorry for the wife as the religion will put a big old wall up between them now. Been there done that. This gals mom is a witness but is looney. she talks to god and other invisible people in her home. apparently he comes to visit her..:) The brothers called her ex husband concerned about her mental being as she was pioneering at the time also. Anyway this girl is like I said mostly bedridden and has nothing else to look forward to so she is going back to fairytale land. But when she made the comment about having babies in the new world It rang a bell with me. So I dug the info up. I was surprised to see it I really thought they would hide it. The gal told me that they have softened up on a lot of things now..I almost spit my coffee out lol. The reason this is close to me and got my attention is ..well first of all my history is that I was a Catholic that became a witness when I married my not active witness husband. His mom and sister were witnesses. Time goes by and I leave the religion. Wrote a letter to the org. Disassociated myself. So after that I was marked by his family. (and him). He was the type to alway tell me how I was going to die because I wasn't a witness, him and his family looked down on worldly people they didn't like and proudly proclaimed that they would die soon..fast forward to my hubby and his death . His mom came to stay for a week with us to be with her son as he was dying. they would go on the back porch ( i was not invited) and talk for hours. Later hubby confessed to me that she told him that God will resurrect him and give him a new wife and make him forget all about me. That was just another of her evil tricks but this time it really hurt. Hubby was dying and I couldn't even spend his last days with him in love. We were married for over 40 years ..I stayed when I should have ran. but I loved him .After he passed was the first time in my life I felt like a human being. no one telling me I was going to die all the time no one telling me how the JW's were the only ones that mattered. Even tho he would say these kinds of things and made my life hell he on the other hand belonged to a model airplane club and had all kinds of buddies that were not witnesses. Such hypocrites the witnesses are. So glad they are out of my life. If this gal does go back it is good by to her..I can't even stand slight references to the religion and the ever so slight witnessing to me in order to "Get her time in ". I know it really hurt her as she thinks of me as her second mom. I have known her since her birth and took care of her quite a bit while her psycho JW mom was out messing around with all the guys in the neighborhood. But that's another story.. :) I just forward all the info to this gal so we shall see. I am taking the info to mean that the resurrected will not marry . I did see however that they refer to the fact that the ones going to heaven will not be male or female so they are really confusing in their explanations..they pass it off as things we dont' understand clearly yet..which means you won't lilke the answer so we will play dumb till you die :) Love to see what her and probably her dad come up with.though. It really hurt me to pop her bubble..not. :)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

WHY RESURRECTION HOLDS FORTH NO PROMISE OF MARRIAGE

On the basis of Jesus’ answer to the Sadducees, some may be disturbed about his saying that there will be no marrying among those raised from the dead. They may even think that without marriage the resurrection is something undesirable, that it would not benefit them.

• waton
    waton

jesus gave a practical answer, because heavenly or terra (flesh and blood) , who would the much married lady, (the ja ja Gabor of the first century), pick for eternal bliss?

with many dead mates having payed for their sins, survivors have found very fulfilled lives with the replacements. without worries about jalousie spoiling the fun in the "world to come".

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

AFAIK it hasn't changed. When I was young, the resurrected didn't marry, so the best outcome was to stay alive til '75 so that you had a chance of a normal sex/married life, children, etc.. Second best was that your partner died, but you survived and could marry in the New World and make perfect babies. Third best, was that you died and were resurrected and were not able to marry anyone, including your ex partner, or even fiddle with their naughty bits, without being condemned to everlasting death.

I'm sure most older JWs have had this old doctrine drummed into them, the same as they tried to drum it into me, and now they have to find a way to deal with it in their last days.

• waton
    waton

seniors in general are fine, happier than young people. I dont think we are thinking much about the resurrection, because:wt has lied to us about life everlasting, uninterrupted in 1914, 1918, 1925, 1942, 1975, 2000 now 2075. so,

with a record like that, why would we even think of the wt promise of a return to life?

you believe in a resurrection? lets die, and find out.

dying will be easy. the wt hope has nothing to do with it

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

This must be a hard one for the JWs. Jesus says the resurrected will be like angels and not marry. I dont see that fitting either of the destinies in JW beliefs. But of course they will claim that the resurrected will be like Lazarus and then have their ability to reproduce again. Not much scripture on that.

• waton
    waton

As to 'new world' reproductive rights, wt went as far as claiming that menopause would not be reversed for survivors of armageddon, in the process to regain perfect health.

do men undergo menopause? many in bible-times did not have sons until 120 years old.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

OK just got a reply from her..she states emphatically that the information is meant for the annointed that get resurrected into heaven and not for those on earth..Is that what they teach now? Black sheep I am so glad you said that as sometimes I wonder if my mind is going. I too remember them teaching no marriage for the resurrected on earth. I also think they changed it because for those not being able to have children now would be flocking to the religion that gave them that hope for the future. Telling them to forget about it would inspire a lot of them to leave..I went back and reread it several times and even I get confused at certain points..at the end their explanation makes it sound like it is for those in heaven but i don't get that when I read the original scriptures.. so How do I convince her now? I have no idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit