Need help...Resurrection JW beliefs from the 50'6 and 60's.

by Snoozy 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Was talking with a gal that is most likely going back to the religion after 20 or 30 years. We got into a discussion about having babies after "Armageddon ". She was talking about being normal ( she is practically bedridden but only in her 50's.) and having kids in the new world after a resurrection. Is that what they teach now? I could swear when I was going way back when they taught that if you are resurrected you won't be able to have children but will be like a Eunuch..meaning you will be neither sex. That the act of the resurrection makes you not able to have children . Like being exposed to radiation or something. Is there a site I can still go to that will have the older information and not the new edited for convenience purposes editions? SNOOZY..An oldie but a goodie :)

• Snoozy
  • Snoozy
    Snoozy

“The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. . . . But that the dead are raised up even Moses disclosed, in the account about the thornbush, when he calls Jehovah ‘the God of Abraham and God of Isaac and God of Jacob.’ He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him.”​—Luke 20:34-
    WHY RESURRECTION HOLDS FORTH NO PROMISE OF MARRIAGE

On the basis of Jesus’ answer to the Sadducees, some may be disturbed about his saying that there will be no marrying among those raised from the dead. They may even think that without marriage the resurrection is something undesirable, that it would not benefit them.

However, when reasoning on Jesus’ reply, we do well to remember that we are imperfect. Our likes and dislikes are largely conditioned by the things to which we have become accustomed. So no one really has any basis for being sure that he would not like the future provisions that God will make for the resurrected ones. Then, too, not all the details have been provided. This has really been a kindness on God’s part. Why, as imperfect humans, we might at first react unfavorably to things that would actually fill our life with joy in a perfect state. Such details therefore might be beyond our present ability to receive. Christ Jesus showed awareness and consideration of the limitations of imperfect humans, as evident from what he said to his disciples on one occasion: “I have many things yet to say to you, but you are not able to bear them at present.”​—John 16:12.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I was mistaken on one point..it says the ones going to heaven will not be male or female but a new being. They did however say that those resurrected will not be able to marry..so why is that.? How do they explain that? If they can't marry doesn't that also mean they can have no kids if resurrected? I took it that way. So confusing. This gal also told me they no longer go door to door. Is that true worldwide? They still have it on their JW site that they do it. OK..Just Golden Girl aka Snoozy again.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They softened the marriage rhetoric so maybe there will be marriage. Still no answer on if you remarried, who wou li d be your spouse after the resurrection.

Maybe perfect people with no diseases and greater "ability" will be allowed orgies.

There is a great disconnect between the official videos of door to door, studies, and life vs. reality. Personal visits, meetings and all are forbidden because of the covid. I am supposed to be staying home under the bed, not visiting family, ordering groceries to be left on the step. And if you are lonely study more per the last WT study (zoom meetings)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I got this info from their site so it is current apparently. It says no marriage for those resurrected so how can they soften it? Going to look up Luke 20:34.Sadducees Question the Resurrection

(Matthew 22:23-33; Mark 12:18-27)

27Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him, 28Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 29There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. 30And the second took her to wife, and he died childless. 31And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died. 32Last of all the woman died also. 33Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.

34And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. 37Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 38For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. 39Then certain of the scribes answering said, Master, thou hast well said. 40And after that they durst not ask him any question at all.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So by saying that the resurrected are like angels and they have no sex, they are like eunuchs, doesn't it sound here like they are talking about the general resurrected and not the ones going to heaven? I could swear this is what they taught long ago.That any resurrected would be of no sex but like the angels.? Luke 22:35.

• Earnest
    Earnest

In a Question from Readers in the Watchtower of 15 August 2014 it says :

For years, our publications have said that Jesus’ words about the resurrection and getting married likely refer to the earthly resurrection and that those resurrected to life in the new world will evidently not marry. [e.g. The Watchtower, June 1, 1987] (Matt. 22:29, 30; Mark 12:24, 25; Luke 20:34-36) While we cannot be dogmatic, is it possible that Jesus’ words refer to the heavenly resurrection? Let us examine what Jesus said.

It then discusses several questions which that raises, including :

Third, if Jesus’ words about the resurrection and getting married apply to the heavenly resurrection, does this mean that those who come back in the earthly resurrection will be able to marry? God’s Word does not give a direct answer to that specific question. If Jesus was, in fact, talking about the heavenly resurrection, then his words do not shed any light on whether resurrected ones on earth will be able to marry in the new world.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I thought the children of God were the anointed! Am I wrong in this assumption? If so, there are more than 144,000 in the resurrection.... SInce the NEW Testament is supposed to be written for those anointed and being specifically called the children of God, where does the other sheep fit in if they are to be resurrected?

If their sins (other sheep) are gone, being resurrected, are they are pure and anointed? (since death erases all sin)

• Ding
    Ding

Why is she going back to the WT after 20-30 years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit