Zoom meetings to continue thru July

by Wakanda 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

CO is coming and expecting to Zoom it in July. Also there is no talk about starting to slowly go back to the hall. Like having 1 group at the hall and the rest on Zoom, etc. No talk.

Make what you will of it.

I thought they couldn't go to on-line, but I think this is a perfect example of making good use of a crisis.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Sounds like a way to save a little money but there is the risk of followers enjoying the time off too much. You also could argue it's easier for the WT to make use of the paranoia. All those bunker videos now have a sense of reality going for them.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have already told several that I much prefer the Zoom meetings and at least they should consider it for the mid-week meeting. As I put it, "you have more time to prepare for the meetings and less time used for travel. And we still have the weekends to be with our brothers face to face."

Lol ... it sort of gets mixed reviews.

I am all for it, even though I may only make one mid-week meeting a month. I would actually "attend" more if it was on Zoom and I could have the camera (I generally turn it off now) on top of the TV and just smile a lot. When I see everyone else putting their heads down reading something, I just do the same.

Zoom could help me to become more spiritually strong in my meeting attendance while watching TV.

Rub a Dub

• alanv
    alanv

Yes that could be a good result for Watchtower. They dont want to get rid of Kingdom Halls, because they need to sell Kingdom Halls every so often to make money, as donations are not enough to keep the org going. By attending the hall just once a week they still can do that, and the mid week meeting can be streamed around the world, giving the governing body and even stronger hold of the JW members

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Pretty soon they will come up with their own app to replace Zoom, it will be easily recognizable by the big donate now button.

RB

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes , I sat alongside a while when the meeting was Zoomed today. The announced attendance was good and Wt participation seemed good as well. The flock seem to have got the hang of it and like it.

At least they don’t have to get up and go out. Mostly they still wear a collar and tie though. Will this lead to lasting changes?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My wife is doing all the zoom meetings, and I have seen enough of it to see that it isn't all that bad. It's interesting how people adapt to a new norm rather quickly. I think the biggest part missing is the socializing before and after meetings. They do some chatting while they are writing letters, but besides that there isn't much.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What Gorby should hesitate using Zoom for religion is the fact that the religion is getting into our home. Our place is our privacy and there would be no need to have a camera pointed into our livingroom.

But, JW's have no any choice. They have to do the Zoom routine now. Alternate is angry and pressing elders.

G.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would prefer not to have these wastefests at all. They give nothing but spiritual pollution, and you have all the restrictions and dress codes as if you were at the coronavirus hall. The material they teach is rubbish. I don't care if everyone is in perfect health. If too many people use that bible, they won't be for long.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

After a zoom meeting it's "I'm loud enough to get the spoon!"

(That is in reference to a game that I think therapists use where the person with the object, say spoon, can talk and everyone else can't. There's no groups or one on one chatting, just yell loud to who you want to and everyone else hears. So, yeah, the socializing isn't really socializing, maybe it could be called dumbed down socializing, right up wt's alley! They can also record the whole thing for JCs!"

I don't understand how wt followers are getting time off with zoom. Driving time?

The intrusion is deeper with zoom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit