Pale.Emperor Meets The Mormons

by pale.emperor 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Nowwhat? I hear this all the time that the Mormon church has more members. This years general conference held by the Mormon church was attended by some 16 million people world wide. The memorial had an attendance of 20 million. The general conference and memorial are of significant importance in both faiths. I would say both religions would probably have the same amount of active members. Probably around 8 million or less. Interestingly the SDA claims a membership of 20 million. So the actually figure would lie between 8 - 20 million for those who are PIMI / PIMO.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I believe Cold Steel is a member of this cult. I wonder if s/he will comment?

• dozy
    dozy

've always been curious how they explain away the genetic evidence that North American natives are not descended from "the lost 10 tribes of Israel".

I'm curious about whether they have some pseudo-scientfic mumbo-jumbo developed, or if they just dismiss the geneticists as "tools of Satan" or something like that.

The Mormons use the same pseudo logic , clever snake oil type reasoning that the Society uses , with very similar expressions eg "some people have wondered" , "critics sometimes allege" , mixed up with real science and thrown in the odd misquote to make it look good. Very similar to Society articles and books on JW nonsense like 607 BCE , blood transfusions etc.

Here is how they attempt to explain away the existence of Mormon tribes supposedly living hundreds of years ago without any supporting evidence.

( I also asked Mormon missionaries about this and they literally just shrugged , had a quick "rabbits in the headlights" look and then went back to their prepared sermon). I persisted with some difficulty , as I really wanted to know their explanation , and they said they hadn't been aware of any issue but would research it and come back. They never did , of course.

https://www.lds.org/topics/book-of-mormon-and-dna-studies?lang=eng

In fact - the more I look at Mormon material , the more it looks like the Society have copied their methods for their publications and JW.Org videos ( albeit the WTBTS isn't as professional as the LDS. ) The similarities are almost uncanny at times - scripts almost word for word , fake emotion , the same camera and editing techniques.

https://www.lds.org/church/employment/working-kingdom?lang=eng

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

In fact - the more I look at Mormon material , the more it looks like the Society have copied their methods for their publications and JW.Org videos ( albeit the WTBTS isn't as professional as the LDS. ) The similarities are almost uncanny at times.

Im absolutely convinced they've copied many of their things over the last few years.

Family worship?

Choir?

Livestream sermons?

Even the overhaul of their website to produce JW.borg

You watch. Next they'll bring in tithing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit