Have you ever read the statement Jehovah discplines his organizatiion

by poopie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    I know there are statements Jehovah discplines individuals but where does it state he does so to org.
  • blondie
    blondie

Sorry, I never heard of the Isaiah Light book and I studied the Isaiah Prophecy book though

• blondie
    blondie

poopie, I searched the online WT library at jw.org various ways using discipline and organization and only came up with statements about individuals.

But then I don't currently have a working WT-CD to search.

• Ding
    Ding

In order to mold us, Jehovah gives counsel from his Word and through his organization. Never resist such godly counsel! Respond wisely to it, and let it shape you for honorable use by Jehovah. Proverbs 3:11, 12 advises: “The discipline of Jehovah, O my son, do not reject; and do not abhor his reproof, because the one whom Jehovah loves he reproves, even as a father does a son in whom he finds pleasure.” Further fatherly counsel is provided at Hebrews 12:6-11: “Whom Jehovah loves he disciplines . . . True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but grievous; yet afterward to those who have been trained by it it yields peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness.” The main channel for such discipline must be God’s inspired Word.—2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

-- The Great Potter and His Work, Feb. 1, 1999 WT, p. 13

Like sheep that get injured, some Christians have been hurt by what they perceive to be offensive conduct. Yet, if we are forgiving toward others, our heavenly Father will grant us needed forgiveness. (Colossians 3:12-14; 1 Peter 4:8) Some brothers or sisters may have received counsel or discipline that they felt was unjust. However, all of us can benefit from spiritual counsel and discipline, and it is comforting to know that Jehovah disciplines those for whom he has love. (Hebrews 12:4-11) Because they have not been given privileges of service for which they feel qualified, others have allowed resentment to create a rift between them and the congregation. But if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy. (Compare John 6:66-69.) Helpful information along these lines can be found in the article “Maintaining Our Christian Oneness,” found in The Watchtower of August 15, 1988, pages 28-30.

-- They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep, Sept. 15, 1993 WT, p. 22

• poopie
    poopie

So answer is clear it's not in print now the question is why or why not

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Interesting that the wt teaches that jehober doesn't necessarily protect individuals (he protects his organization as a whole from satan) but he definitely disciplines individuals!

O what a loving god we have! Praise jah all you people!

just saying!

• steve2
    steve2

A true cult: The language around discipline is a quality that is applied to individual members not to collectives such as bodies of elders or the Governing Body or the organization as a whole.

All this talk directed at individuals is like a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card for the organization - "We are imperfect men, etc.,"

No acknowledged sense of responsibility and accountability for ensuring they get it right and answering for the burdens on the rank and file that are subsequently modified

That said, I do recall hearing JWs talk about Jehovah disciplining his organization IN THE PAST - pre-1919.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Jws are taught that Big J has an organisation (which is now and then disciplined, deserted or rewarded) because it seems there is perpetual repetition of the phrase "God's people" in the Watchtower.

This is of course a total fiction, It is impossible to identify Jehovah let alone "his people" or what he does with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit