Have you ever read the statement Jehovah discplines his organizatiion

by poopie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

I'm looking for something in publications that specifically says Jehovah is diciplineing his organization.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I thought His organization already went through a disciplining, cleansing, refining process back in 1919.

Maybe it is due for another round in 2019?

Or, were they 100 years off?

Woot!

Sylvia

• sir82
    sir82

It's in about every 3rd paragraph in what are probably the most painfully boring books ever written by the WTS (and that's saying something), the "Isaiah Light" books.

Just open up any random page, and odds are you'll find some statement about how Isaiah's writings prefigured the "cleansing of the organization" prior to 1919.

By the way, all 600 or so pages of those horrific 2 volumes are probably now old light. Count your blessings that those things will never be opened again.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've never had the dishonor of reading the Isaiah volumes.

Thankfully.

Sylvia

• Spiral
    Spiral

I remember that from the bookstudies of my childhood (ugh), so I assume that could be "old light" now. Don't know if they've said that recently. That would be anything in the 60s, what comes to mind is the old Babylon book.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Think "refining"

:0)

• blondie
    blondie

snowbird, the actual name of the book is Light 1, Light 2. Written by Rutherford.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Look at Hebrews 12:6 and Proverbs 3:12.

Something like Jehovah disciplines the one he loves. (No time or motivation to look it up.)

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

snowbird, the actual name of the book is Light 1, Light 2. Written by Rutherford.

blondie - I think they're referring to more recent 2000/2001 books:

Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for All Mankind I
    Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for All Mankind 2

• poopie
    poopie

No I mean a pinpointed statement within last 30 years that Jehovah discplineshis Organization in modern times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit