Big Meat Eaters?

by peacefulpete 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All of this meat eating talk has gotten me hungering, so I plopped a thick T-bone on the grill .

Sorry Vegans but a thick steak grilled on a barbecue covered with hickory smoked sauce just tastes better than any salad I've ever tasted. .

.........but I have cut down on eating meat in general for dietary and cholesterol reasons ..... got watch the waistline you know.

Image result for thick barbeque t-bone steak

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

. I'll have to say that a steak no longer does it for me. The last few I treated myself too were just a chore to eat. It's just too much meat. I enjoy a more Mediterranean diet I guess. Sautéed vegetables with a small amount of chicken or fish.

No one wants to talk about the cultured meat? Seems to be the best idea to many of the issues with meat production.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    The last few I treated myself too were just a chore to eat. It's just too much meat

Pete I know what you mean, if I go out for a meal and have chicken they give me so much. All that chewing! So hard to get down.

• LV101
    LV101

Depends on the restaurant re/serving sizes. So many are rated according to affordable prices and serve portions which are huge but not great quality.

• fulano
    fulano

Quality is what counts, not quantity. Who needs a pound of meat? Overhere the average filet pur weights 180 grams. More than enough.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

True LV101. Two weeks ago I was sitting in a little town in the Bavarian alps enjoying a big dressed salad with just a few excellent pieces of fried chicken on top and they were quite enough.

Unusual for the Bavarians because they're big meat eaters. There was German sausage on the BBQ all day which was very popular. Not my cup of tea.

• LV101
    LV101

Xanthippe - WOW/the alps and fried chicken now that's a win-win! Sounds great. I try not to eat sausage (don't care for most of it or eat too much bacon) but think I would have tried the German sausage.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm an opportunistic omnivore and eat whatever is cheap and locally grown when I can. If I have tomatoes ripe, I eat tomatoes. If I have bananas ripe, I eat bananas, caught fish I eat fish, shot Bambi, I eat venison, made cheese, I eat cheese etc..

You have to be careful with vegetarianism and especially veganism, as there are some nutrients that are difficult to get and there are some right nutters promoting these diets who haven't done their homework. or aren't suffering the known deficiencies yet, or worse, are having symptoms but are ignoring them thinking that they haven't been following their chosen diet Guru as strictly as they should have.been.

The important lesson I learned when playing with restrictive diets, was that failure to thrive on a chosen diet is likely to be more about the poor nutrition from the food choices than from your ability to stick to the rules and that trying harder to obey the rules may make your chance of thriving worse.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Going vegan or vegetarian is a big missed steak.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I am a vegetarian.Have been all my life. I am not a meat eater at all n never will. Just prefer fruit n veg's all the way. I do not follow a vegetarianism but love all fruit n veg's. My friends are meat eaters, I have no problems with that.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit