No Reporting of Time, Tithing is OK, Now WT Teaches a "Rapture" - What's Next?

by Sea Breeze 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

those who will be taken to heaven will first need to be “changed, in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet.” Therefore, while we do not use the term “rapture” here because of its wrong connotation, the remaining faithful anointed will be gathered together in an instant of time. - The Watchtower—Study Edition | July 2015

Ok so they refuse to use the word "rapture". Kinda like they refuse to use the word church and clergy (except when it suits their purposes in court cases). But, it's the same thing.

Where is the clean, spot-free organization I grew up in? Do regular R&F JW's see the vast difference between the org of 25 years ago and the one we see today?

Could Christmas or birthdays ever be recovered? Previously, I would have said "no way". Now, the recent changes make me wonder what else is possible.

What will be the next main-streaming of the organization?

• Biahi
    Biahi

For the children’s sake, I hope holidays are next to be OK.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I agree Biahi. I think that the WT war on the Pinata may be a good next step.

g71 6/22 pp. 23-24 The Piñata and Its Use

"We want to know more about the piñata. What is its origin? Why is it used in Mexico and other Latin-American countries? Is there any significance to breaking it? The origin of piñatas is not definitely known"....

The WT astutely recognizes that the origins of the pinata are not really known. But, what is known is that it has been used on festive occasions, sometimes in connection with Christmas and a nine-day Joseph & Mary Christmas tradition in some countries named Posada.

WT noted:

"Nowadays the Posada in Mexico features disorder, drunkenness and criminal activity. The celebrations are used as an excuse for wild and immoral living. Persons frequently are killed, and others are robbed and injured.".

There was no mention in the article about the hundreds of millions of children who benefitted from its use during fun-filled family get-togethers, nor of the millions of JW children made to needlessly suffer while they look out their windows watching "worldly" kids having fun with their family and friends.

Pinatas are the new children's birthday party staple | Daily Telegraph

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Maybe next month's Watchtower will feature an article titled "The Pope: Unfairly Maligned?"

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They originally taught the eight holy ones would be raptured at the beginning of the great tribulation. Which left the jdubs wondering how they are going to get direction. New teaching is the get raptured at the end of the gt

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

....until the holy gb are found hungover & stumbling around on some tropical island. With loads of money.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

The GB just adds some grease to the steering wheel of the organization whenever they are ready to make a hairpin turn. However, these turns do not represent any significant deviation from their large body of false teachings. AND - they can add new wacky restrictions to compensate for newly granted freedoms.

Ex. At assemblies, monitors were in the restrooms purportedly to identify empty stalls, and to control the misuse of paper towels. In reality, they were concerned about illicit activity that might be occurring in the stalls. I used to wonder if they were going to start weighing the publishers before and after they used the restrooms…

WTC cannot help but stumble across its own ridiculous rules. They insisted on measuring field service activity as if God himself were waiting in the monthly report. When the numbers be ame too discouraging to publish, POOF!! They ended it overnight. I guess that God didn’t care so much after all about the monthly report.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

I might have seen a Reddit post that said something along the lines of how all the recent talk about a rapture, etc. and people carrying on without the GB might hint at a disappearing act of some sort(?) It made me wonder…

THOMAS MORE:

Yes, I guess God didn’t think much about that monthly FS report either!.. I remember all the remarks I had to listen to years ago because I wouldn’t quit my job to be in the ministry! Now, poof the requirement is gone (unless God changes His mind again).

I’m just so Glad I never listened to these people.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LHG i smash your like button

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Should the gb some how mysteriously rapture(disappear) if (before) the WT collapses.,,,,hmpf convenient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit