They want to get rid of "anointed ones" - It's getting clear

by thedepressedsoul 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Here's a thought to reflect upon, J Rutherford the guy who took over the WTS in 1916 was self proclaimed to be anointed .

This was a guy who was separated from his wife, who lived with his mistress, who made outlandish lies about the ancient worthies returning so he built a house for them to stay in, which actually he stayed in it himself.

Who lived a rich man's lifestyle, driving around in hand tailored suits and the most expensive cars he could find which only the very rich could afford and made numerous end the of world Armageddon soon proclamations .

From that acknowledgement one could conclude that god picks the most sinful, corrupt and idiotic people to be one of the anointed .

http://jwfacts.com/images/millions_rutherford.jpg

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Watchtower has married itself to a handful of things that it will find hard to separate from, let alone divorce itself from them.

Number one is 1914. They had chances in the past and decided not to take them. Now they would have a battle on their hands if they ditch it. They kept reinventing their past to say that they have always said accurate truths about 1914, so they got more and more intertwined with it.

Number two is the great tribulation occurring before "this generation" has passed. Blast that Bible anyway, it makes it too hard on that one. So they have changed what "this generation" means many times. Their last couple of changes have kept them firmly married to Number 3- the anointed. The overlap generation has bought them so much time, but it's at a point of ridiculousness. They will eventually have to change again, if Watchtower isn't gone in 40 or 50 years. Maybe they will leave the generation in place and change the meaning of what is supposed to happen before they all have passed.

Number three is the anointed. When the number of JW's was getting too big, they pulled that one out of their Bibles. They kept it around too long. In the 1970's it totally became the basis of their power structure and it has been highlighted as such ever since. They messed up way back when by allowing the anointed to be a bunch of followers. They should have corrected that long ago. Because the calendar is still driving their need for doctrinal changes, they will further attack what "anointed" means and who is it. I see a future where they declare that Holy Spirit (and Freddy Franz) have directly told them the number is full and only a very few men needed to be their spirit medium Governing Body members are actually of that group.

Think of all the money on wine and crackers that will save for congregations. They can buy the tiniest bottles and not worry about partakers.

• truthlover
    truthlover

How can all the 144,000 be men and some women chosen from the earth to be a bride of Christ? Are all of them changed to women for the marriage to take place, cause Jesus is a male ? Why is the word "marriage" used?

You can be one in spirit and all be in agreement as to what control over the earth they may have, but to use the word marriage and Jesus being a male, what does that really mean-- when marriage is between a man and a woman?

Just a thought

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

thedepressedsoul - "...now you have the WT, who put it in everyone's head that you can be anointed. They are now calling the very ones it taught about it, mentally ill..."

Unless they're being unintentionally (and ironically) honest about themselves. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

redvip2000 - "The JW membership has grown over the decades, but this phenomenon of the increasing anointed is a fairly new thing. I think it's mostly because there is a new crop of younger JWs that are not only delusional, but also starving for attention and adulation."

I still think it's Conscious-Classers deliberately trying to f**k with the statistics. :smirk:

• dbq407
    dbq407

Obviously some or most of the governing body isn't anointed. Don't they have wives? If 144,000 is literal then they should all be virgins according to Revelation

and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000,+ who have been bought from the earth. 4 These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I still think it's Conscious-Classers deliberately trying to f**k with the statistics.

Could be as well. I know i've discussed with a few friends how fun it would be to go to some random hall and partake just to see people's reactions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit