Finland Knife attack: 2 dead, one of them a Jehovah's Witness

by ILoveTTATT2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Two people dead and 7 injured in what is apparently a terrorist attack in Finland. One of the deceased was a Jehovah´s Witness woman who was preaching in the square.

Where was Jehovah protecting her? Especially considering she was preaching?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/finnish-police-stabbing-investigated-as-possible-terrorism/2017/08/19/187a034e-84b8-11e7-9e7a-20fa8d7a0db6_story.html?utm_term=.f596f9250d70

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

thanks. FYI - more information from earlier today

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6531409864818688/finland-turku-jw-killed-attack

and from yesterday - with web-link to the original story from Ilta-Sanomat that the Washington Post quotes from:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6355488641908736/_post/6151316533411840

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Oops. I didn´t see anything so that´s why I posted. Thanks anyways!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Really said, whoever it is.

George

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    ILoveTTATT2 - np, I didn't post any other online news stories because they all seemed to quote that same Finnish news article regarding the victim being a JW.
  • resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Just another example of proof that the dogma of political correctness and multiculturalism at any cost is lethal.

Yet another battle in the war that only one side admits is being waged.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Any chance the woman passing out religious material in any way spurred this?

What Finland needs is a gun culture like the U.S. Recently there was a shooting here of two people, one the gunman himself. He was apparently getting started when a college student with a concealed weapons permit drew his own gun. When the gunman saw the other guy was armed, he turned the gun on himself...a fact that the media didn't include.

As for the JW woman, you can't really use the fact that Jehovah didn't protect her. All but two of the original apostles were put to death.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

No we don't need to encourage a gun culture at all - regardless of your feelings about the JW ~

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    What Finland needs is a gun culture like the U.S.

Given the ridiculous gun death rates in USA, I don't think too many outside of USA are interested in that "gun culture".

Recently there was a shooting here of two people, one the gunman himself. He was apparently getting started when a college student with a concealed weapons permit drew his own gun. When the gunman saw the other guy was armed, he turned the gun on himself...a fact that the media didn't include.

Sounds like b.s. No link. No verifiable details. In any event, how can you possibly know this is a true story if it is "... a fact that the media didn't include"?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Actually I was speaking a bit tongue-in-cheek. My wife told me about the report and though the media reported on the shooting, the part about the guy pointing his gun at the shooter and the gunman then taking his own life was reported by a National Rifle Association spokesman.

But here's a site with similar stories.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/10-potential-mass-shootings-that-were-stopped-by-someone-wit?utm_term=.wmGGWXN7Ar#.jvABNelxYX

The existence of guns in our society isn't what causes gun deaths -- it's recidivism and the inability of the justice system to deal with criminal violence. The U.S. is also still largely wilderness. You go into national parks where you can go for miles without passing another person, plus we have large, nasty predators.

With so much land and so little law enforcement, we need guns. And many of our violent offenders are already living in metropolitan areas with heavy gun control. And in the vast majority of cases, when by gun control is loosened, crime goes down and where it is tightened it tends to go up!

I'm glad we have our guns here, though in countries where there are plenty of cops and a better criminal justice system, you probably don't need them as much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit