How many have left the WTS and joined another church/group?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 62 Replies latest jw friends

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

At this point in my life I don't think I could trust any religious group. I don't even feel the need to be a part of anything like that right now, and maybe never will.

But I know of some who have joined other churches/groups since leaving the borg.

Why do some join another religion and why won't some ever get involved again?

What makes us so different?

Cheers, Bliss

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Having a thought police is not my cup of tea. If people want to be controlled and have others to think for them, so be it, but I will not have anything to do with.

Guest 77

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I work for the Salvation Army, they do wonderful work, but that is as close to religion as I want to be.

Leslie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Whilst ever we still have the WTS view of exercising faith we'll never join anything else. Why would we want to when we've been so disillusioned by the Borg. As Borgites we believed that Jehovah was the organisation and the organisation was the representation on earth of Jehovah. But how valid was it? Of course, not at all.

The WTS teaches a misrepresentation of the question "Where have we to turn?" by Peter. It was, in fact, WHO have we to go away to. A person having a personal faith will want to associate with fellow believers for, as we know from the words of Hebrews 10 "for mutual encouragement". I would hate to think of "joining" another church/group. However as a Christian, I choose to attend an evangelical church along with other ex-dubs. We are not Anglican or Baptist, or Presbyterian, or whatever, but christians meeting together. That's it. If the teaching there was not Bible-based, we'd simply not associate there any longer but seek other fellowship. So I think it'd be wrong to think in terms of "joining" anything.

Cheers, Ozzie

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm still in burn-out mode from three decades of jwism, so I don't anticipate any other religious affiliation in my future. Plus, I have serious doubts about the Bible and God, so relgion in general is not in my future as I see it right now.

• sens
    sens

Bliss...good question...

someone asked me the other day what religion i was...now I just say catholic.

I was raised a catholic till mum became a jw when i was 11...

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

No religion for me!

Old Crow

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    At this point in my life I don't think I could trust any religious group. I don't even feel the need to be a part of anything like that right now, and maybe never will.

Personally, I would change one thing in the above sentenace, I would take out the word "maybe" in the second line. Bug

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I've often thought what I would do, after I complete my fade...I even thought of being a hermit, and just do a one on one communication with God. But I don't know. I can't see going to any particular church on a regular visit...maybe I'd visit a few....on a sort of rotation basis, just to see how others worship, but not get caught up in it because I think a lot of worship is just waaayyy to emotional.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As a JW I thought that all religions were the same.
    On exit I did a little exploring and found a wide swathe.

Most are not controlling at all, though some folks in them can still do the human thing of looking down at their neighbours.
    Even doctrinal variation is totally acceptable, in most.

I regularly associate with all sorts of denominations, and count a variety of pagan believers amongst my friends, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit