Riding in the Backseat - A JW Rule?

by Funchback 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Funchback
    Funchback

These are some great experiences! Everything that all of you state EXPOSES the JW religion as a rule-obsessed corporation filled with paranoia!

I just remembered another experience:

There were about 10 of us (male & female) at a friends house. We ranged from teenagers to early 20's. We were all in my friends bedroom (it was big) and we were going through his album collection. Me and a sister (Colette Arthurs-Harley...now an ex-JW!!!) were sitting on the bed looking through the crate of albums. Unbeknownst to us, everyone went into the next room except me and Colette. We were still checkin' out the albums. The door was open. The light was on. Our body parts weren't touching.

The next day, I get a call from an ELDER who questioned me why I was in a bedroom with a girl ALONE! Then he counseled me. What a crock!

• Nikita
    Nikita

Hi Brian, did you ever find out how the elder came to know about that?

Just curious!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Funchback said:

: What other scenarios can you think of when it concerns two JWs of the opposite sex to which the WTBTS has rules for?

The Society counsels strongly against two people having sex together, because it can lead to holding hands.

Stacy said:

: Imagine belonging to a group that doesn't have an ounce of trust.

This is more a symptom of the lack of ethics of the leaders and of their inability to teach good morals than anything else.

JW leaders are notoriously untrustworthy in their teachings, as proved by their coverup of many aspects of "old light" and of child molestation by various JW leaders and the rank & file. By their own biblical rule of "he who is unfaithful in what is least will be unfaithful in what is much" this shows that they really have no moral sense. Indeed, their moral sense has little to do with what's right and wrong by normal standards of human decency and conduct, but everything to do with "displeasing Jehovah" and their fear of being killed by their nasty God. Fear of death is a notoriously bad motivator for displaying good morals and ethics. It shows why JW leaders and JWs in general have no trouble telling half-truths and misleading people -- always skirting the edge of flat-out lies -- to advance the interests of "Jehovah's organization". Having no real sense of ethical behavior, the leaders can't teach good ethics and morals to their "flock" for any reason other than "Jehovah will kill you if you disobey".

Anyone with any sense knows that when you raise kids, you usually get pretty much what you expect. If you expect that the child will do what you teach her is right, and then trust the child to do it rather than hover over her like a policeman, most of the time the child will do the right thing. Conversely, if you're always expecting the kid to screw up and do wrong, and demonstrate it by showing that you have no trust, that's exactly what they're going to do.

AlanF

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    The next day, I get a call from an ELDER who questioned me why I was in a bedroom with a girl ALONE! Then he counseled me. What a crock!

LOL. Now, I do remember that happening in my Cong. All of my bros were counseled at one time or another because of being 'alone' with a sister. And trust me, these girls were BEEFCAKE, and mindless JW drones.

Still, the brothers never had a problem with me being around girls alone, because I was considered bookish and generally undesirable. One sister explained it to me once, "I've never seen you undress a woman with your eyes." (I'm a real eye-contact sort of person)

I was flabbergasted that people were watching me to make sure that I wasn't looking at pretty girls. LOL. How paranoid.

They are definitely sex-obsessed.

ash

• Loris
    Loris

Definitely sex crazed. I was DF'd after someone reported that a brother's car was seen parked at my house all night. I had bought it from him 6 months before. The rest of the story was I had been counseled for one act of fornication with him. The car thing was too much.

A year later my car broke down and an elder stopped to give me a lift home. He said he could not look at my car to try to get it started. I had to sit in the back seat. At least he did not pass me by and leave me stranded.

Loris

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I think what it boils down to is when the old farts at the top aint gettn any no one get any.

the comment about you can get df'ed for spending the night with the opsite sex, reminds me of two sisters that lived on my block in arcadin fla. alice and pat, they lived togeather in the same little house and slept in the same very small bed, personally I have no problem with the gay life style but the dubbers sure do.

any way the whole hall would say alice and pat have a marriage arangement, alice stays home and does the house work and pat works at the desoto gas company. they would sat pat has the husbands roll and alice has the wifes roll, I did a lot of work in the gay community and just for fun mentioned alice and pats names, they were well known, wow what at shock. and these sisters were a couple of the cong. pillers.

I mentioned this to bill clegg , an elder in the hall. he told me that it had been mentioned before but was just the product of peoples dirty minds, I asked him if I lived with one of the blonds in the hall and shared a bed if I just declared nothing was happning would that be ok? he just gave me a look and walked away. wrong question. I can never get straight which are the right questions and which are the wrong.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Once while being consuled by two elders for making out with a boy I was told that anything you do that is designed to bring about an orgasm is fornication. I told him I had never had an orgasm kissing so then what I did must be ok. One elder said I should not even know what an orgasm is at my age which was 15. I'll be his wife still doesn't know.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    The Society counsels strongly against two people having sex together, because it can lead to holding hands.

LOL!

• JH
    JH

Well, if the sister feels she has to sit in the back, just buy a 2 door car. She'll sit in the front.

• freedom96
    freedom96

There was a guy that I grew up with, and one time he was spotted driving his car with..... gasp.... a girl!

He was brought before the elders. Apparently, it was a girl from work, who needed a ride home. Sad thing is, that this girl liked my friend. They could have gotten together, but it could never happen, for she was "worldy."

This young man struggled with his sexual orientation for years, and a couple of years finally died from a overdose. He could never live up to what was expected of him.

Come on, brought before the elders for driving a girl home. If this does not reak of control and cult, I don't know what does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit