Riding in the Backseat - A JW Rule?

by Funchback 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

It wasn't a written rule, but it sure was a "suggestion" where I lived. One time, I was walking home from high school with a JW (on the fringes) friend when a MS from our hall saw us. He offered us a ride home (we lived in the same neighbourhood), which we accepted. Hell, it was a 2 mile walk. I got in so much trouble for that, and he got a talking-to as well.

• yxl1
    yxl1

It was the same here in Surrey. If you saw a sister waiting at a bus stop, you either had to ignore her, or get her to sit in the back seat. It gets worse. I was reported to the elders on several occations for sitting next to a sister ON A BUS!!! Thats right, on public transport! What were we supposed to be doing? After telling the elders to get a life and to stop interfering with mine, I was no longer allowed the priviledge of "doing the microphones"

There were many occations where brothers and sisters worked in the same town but were not allowed to travel to work together in the same car...Idiocy to the max!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes heard this one , the back seat rule -- chaperones required on dates-- or if as an elder turned up on a shepherding call and the husband had just gone to the liquor store to get a bottle of wine and I had to wait in my car in the freezing cold until the brother got back -- I would not be invited in. Or visiting an elderly sister (in her 70s) and me a as a 30 plus elder could not go on my own -- I had to take another brother with me -- these are all true - trust me.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I guess I'm not giving any sisters a ride. Only one of my vehicles has a back seat and my daughter uses that car! For all the J-dud rules about being with the opposite sex, if people want to do the nasty...they will find a way! Maverick

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

That reminds me of the time I was dating a JW.

She was blonde.

I asked her if she wanted to get in the back seat.

She replied: "No I'd rather stay up front here with you !

• blondie
    blondie

This is from the people that think sex happens only at night. That is why people can be DF'd only for being alone together with someone of the opposite sex over night. If there were alone together during the day for hours, of course, no sex took place!

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

maverick ----- if people want to do the nasty ...they will find a way! Maverick

mav -- I never found doing it nasty -- I always love it?

• JT
    JT

yep we had the backseat rule here in DC

many times these types of rules are often not from the Local bro, but many times a CO- i was just thinking of all the rules that CO used to come up with and it was often times viewed as the Society's Offical position

what is so cool about the way the society works is if the rule is somehow RESTRICTIVE it stands but if the rules involves some type of freedom, it is clamped down-

so the society knows that there are tons of goofy rules in place by CO and DO but since it keeps the JW in line they leave it

that is why so often we read of rules in place in one place and not another

• Black Man
    Black Man

How about the open-door rule at Bethel? If you had a sister(s) in your room you had to keep your door open so that no one could conclude that you're sexin' up in there.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Imagine belonging to a group that doesn't have an ounce of trust.

Stacy hit the nail on the head right there. They are so sex-obssessed, they trust no one. It's the wierdest kind of obssession. They are so into saying 'don't, don't don't' and yet they think that their members will, at the first opportunity, have sex. So, are they really effectively teaching good morals?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit