Governing Body Just got Spanked

by Bill Covert 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Governing Body Just got Spanked"

Ehh...

...I'll betcha some of 'em - deep down - actually kinda liked it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    steve2 - "...mistaking strength of feeling for clarity of thinking..."

The primary mistake made by every zealous religionist ever, IMO. :smirk:

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Ummm what ?

I was lost at "spanked".

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Poorly written. I agree.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Don't worry it should all become clear soon,, I hope,, seems like emotions are running high (been there done that). When emotions take over the brains processing power writing may become very difficult as the drain of resources as signals get shot up the right side of the amygdala to process strong emotion(btdt). I see some connection but waiting for more clearification.

I firmly believe that the WTB&S has some very bad karma accumulated by its board of directors and the Governing Body and judgement day in the form of poetic justice is soon to happen and what we see happening in the news is just the tip of the iceberg with what the very near future holds for these evil delusional fucks.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I see no end to JW pressure. Keep it up run them to ground.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I looked up the 1987 WT article to see what it was all about.... all this "HIPAA" debate...

William Prosser lived from 1898 to 1972, is well known for these torts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_laws_of_the_United_States#Early_years

In the United States today,[when?] "invasion of privacy" is a commonly used cause of action in legal pleadings. Modern tort law, as first categorized by William Prosser, includes four categories of invasion of privacy:[8]

• Intrusion of solitude: physical or electronic intrusion into one's private quarters
    • Public disclosure of private facts: the dissemination of truthful private information which a reasonable person would find objectionable
    • False light: the publication of facts which place a person in a false light, even though the facts themselves may not be defamatory
    • Appropriation: the unauthorized use of a person's name or likeness to obtain some benefits
    Public disclosure[edit]
    Public disclosure of private facts arises where one person reveals information which is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person.[14] "Unlike libel or slander, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy."[10] Disclosure of private facts includes publishing or widespread dissemination of little-known, private facts that are non-newsworthy, not part of public records, public proceedings, not of public interest, and would be offensive to a reasonable person if made public.[12]

Let's just ask what the WT would say at court regarding child sex abuse cases, right?

"I am sorry, that is confidential information, it is private, we are restricted by clergy-penitent privilege, and protected by First Amendment Rights"

However.... notice what they actually admit about "disclosure laws in 1987, and what they subsequently encourage in this September 1,1987 Watchtower:A Time to Speak”—When?

MARY works as a medical assistant at a hospital. One requirement she has to abide by in her work is confidentiality. She must keep documents and information pertaining to her work from going to unauthorized persons. Law codes in her state also regulate the disclosure of confidential information on patients.

Mary was somewhat apprehensive about the legal aspects but felt that in this situation Bible principles should carry more weight than the requirement that she protect the privacy of the medical records. Surely the sister would not want to become resentful and try to retaliate by making trouble for her, she reasoned. So when Mary analyzed all the facts available to her, she decided conscientiously that this was a time to “speak,” not to “keep quiet.”

From that quote above... WT uses the phrase "legal aspects".. so they knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit