Does This Site Ever Change The Mind of “Spiritual “ Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

For some reason, my current posts have been dropping everything after the "quote" portions. I will have to do something different.

I had asked if "a watcher" wonders why s/he cannot get information from the organization.

Then I went on to say that I wanted to answer Minimus' opening question about my own circumstances-
    I found this forum when I was heavily doing internet research to free myself from the Watchtower. I may have already been prime to learn the truth about "the truth" but this site took my growing doubt and helped me learn so much more. I did not know that Fred Franz' nephew had written a book. I didn't know anything much about the library card excuse. I knew a little about Watchtower charging for parking at conventions, but I didn't realize just how deceitful they were about it.

I am sure plenty of folks have come away with many doubts answered, which helped solidify their feelings about the religion.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Does This Site Ever Change The Mind of “Spiritual “ Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Your term "'spiritual' Jehovah's Witnesses" needs a bit of clarification. "Fully Brain-Dead Jehovah's Witnesses" is more accurate and answers your question at the same time.

parakeet

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Minimus, you're still here and still asking questions! I haven't been on this site in 15 years, yet here you are still at it with the questions. May that well never run dry!

Death -- Taxes -- Minimus. It's good to know some things don't change.

parakeet

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

This site opened my eyes. when i first started coming to this site, only came for two reasons.

1. back when we started going to the hall, i noticed people would show up with printed sheets that had answers for the KM review or something like that. i asked and asked where i could get a copy...but no one would help (should have been my first clue of the so called brotherly love) anyways i did google searches and it always lead me here, where i found them. but in inadvertently started reading and learned TTATT.

2. when i became a MS, i started doing parts and talks. well again...all i had to do is type in google search what to topic was. and it always lead me to this site. and bada bing bada boom...i learned TTAT and am now POMO.

Thanks to this site.

• George One Time
    George One Time

Well, I myself was considered a very "spiritual" witness. Now I am still in the org for family reasons. But while I'm in I use the opportunity to "witness" to the witnesses, especially to my former fellow elders. So I need the ammunition that I do find on this website. Also I can see what strategies work to help those that do not know ttatt.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As for those who are already devout jokehovian witlesses, let them be. It is their lives, their souls. It is those who are thinking of becoming jokehovians that are still debating whether or not they should join that can be talked out of it, discouraging the active witlesses who are trying to recruit. It may not dissuade them from continuing, but it will at least discourage them and give them that much less to ballyhoo.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer to the posed question might honesty be said that some people (JWS) who've come here and had a open discussion, could help them see things from different perspective without the blinders on which the WTS instills to all of its followers.

Theoretically it should because it forces them to think for themselves independently, without the Watchtower do their thinking for them.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When my husband was an elder I felt things were just not right. I couldn't put my finger on it but I was worried enough to look for the elders book in our bedroom and when I found it I was shocked to find a section on stalking people suspected of adultery, even sitting outside their houses half the night. I felt it was wrong but did it anyway, I was that worried.

If the Internet had existed I'm sure I would have googled stuff and I was very 'spiritual', believed every word, pioneered for years. Unfortunately for me their was no one to ask. Now with everyone being told to buy tablets and become tech savvy I think they've shot themselves in the foot.

Why wouldn't you just google questions if you were upset, even if you were spiritual? To be honest I think it's more likely if you were genuine, really believed it because if I was still in and seeing all the money grabbing and constant doctrinal changes I'd be very upset.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People can discern things on their own without the inter-net.

I've known Special pioneers, elders , Bethelites eventually fade out of the JWS,

all pre inter-net.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit