How many are PIMO ??

by Phizzy 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I know we cannot answer this, how many are physically in, mentally out (PIMO), but I heard an amazing piece of News the other day.

An ex-P.O and ex-Elder, a long time Regular Pioneer, and when I knew him a stalwart believer, went for a drink with another JW who has actually left, but is not DF or anything.

In the course of conversation he came out with this Bombshell "Well, I am actually an Atheist now, I just go along to keep my wife happy".

I also heard of a number of youngsters that I know personally who are simply living their life as they want, whilst making sure they don't get DF'd for family and social reasons.

If as it seems the PIMO's are a huge number, could there be a huge " Awakening" where they all realize they are in a huge group, and they all say " Eff it, lets call it a day on all the JW s**t ". ?

Wishful thinking, but.....just possible ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ive often thought--there must be fair number of pimos ( when did that use of those initials start--? )---who read this site. it would be fun if they started a trend wearing something that other pimos would recognise---say--red socks ?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Interesting thread Phizzy!

I would agree that there are any who don't really believe "it's the truth", but just go along with it for family reasons....

I know of some, who even shun me (I'm not DF or DA) because they have been told to do so. Yet they are the most "unspiritual" and "weak" witnesses ever...so the obligation runs deep...

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

To quote cognitive psychologist, Steven Pinker:

"If dissenters are punished, and can anticipate they're going to be punished, then you might have a situation where no one actually believes something, but everyone believes that everyone else believes it. Therefore, no one is willing to be the little boy that says the emperor is naked."

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I'm POMO and I'm very happy to have open communication with two PIMO's in my older congregation. We can discuss everything and accept and respect each others position. They understand why I left but they are not in such a position because of their family. No pressure on both sides which is a good thing.

i believe the increasing PIMO's are pretty much the "hidden" scourge for the Borganisation. They can focus on apostates but it are the many PIMO's that (not openly) don't give a f#%k about meetings and field circus and keep activities as low as possible. Many also vote with their wallet. The Borg simply can't afford to lose all these "spiritually weak" (hahaha) members because WT loooooves numbers, even if they are manipulating them behind the screens to keep up appearances. Kingdom Hauls are already half empty, it's already a disaster. Yes, the future looks dark and it's all a matter of damage control for the eight midgets now.

How many? No one knows but they ARE increasing, just like the symbol partakers at the memorial, lol.

I hope the PIMO's will see a wondrous expansion in these exciting times.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I know a very prominent elder friend who is a PIMO.
    He is an atheist but still gives district talks when he cant get out of them.
    And I know someone else who stepped down as an MS over the Overlapping thing and is PIMO cuz of his wife.

There must be MANY!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I often wonder how many are like me as I sit there. I suspect a few in the congregation but haven't broached the subject. Still, I think there are more POMI than PIMO. The cult programming is strong.

• stan livedeath
  • stan livedeath
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Stan, Red Socks ? what are the Bros going to wear ?

Now, funny handshake may work !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit