Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Ever Do Anything For Anyone But Themselves?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was thinking of how Witnesses were always admonished to take care of their own before they should ever help a worldly neighbor. I don’t think they ever do anything for the community unless it’s a benefit to them.

• under the radar
    under the radar

That's always been my experience, unless it would make them look bad to do otherwise.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Very simply no. They may do something for others in a move to give themselves kudos or traction in a community but never without self-interest.

• minimus
    minimus

A Catholic Charity has been helping people in the community and made it clearly known that you don’t have to be Catholic in order to get help

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Informally, yeah, sometimes they individually help someone out, buy them groceries, cut fire wood, that kinda thing just from what I heard in person and on here. But formally, no, they don't do much of anything beyond teach a few people to read and write so they can convert them, and maybe repair a roof or two after a disaster, but sometimes they ask for the insurance money afterwards, from what I've read on here, which I gotta say is pretty... sleazy, I think that's the right word.

It's an isolated, isolating faith. That's what it is. They care about their own, sorta, and write the rest of us off. That comes across very clearly.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

My father, never became one, said of my mother.....A person could die for water in front of her but unless they were a JW she wouldn't help.

• blondie
    blondie

min, most jws don't even do something for other jws.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I always hear about the love that they have for each other, in their own cong,

Hearing about love for your neighbor, the enemy? ..not so much

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

If JWs ever do anything for somebody else there’s a catch.

DOGISGOD:

What your never-a-JW dad said about your JW mom not wanting to do a kind thing for somebody unless a JW is correct..I saw that unfriendly attitude even towards myself when I was still in. That was because I had a full time job.

Now.. I feel this way towards bounced out bethelites who were so smug and critical of people in congregations who were in the workforce.. What goes around comes around..Maybe some of the people they DIDN’T criticize can now help them out with money and jobs!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Blondie nailed it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit