In memory of my uncle John who died last Sunday

by justhuman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

In memory of my uncle John who died last Sunday

When I had a phone call that my uncle died just before I got on stage, I sat for a moment and I was looking my guitar. In those moments I saw my life passing by, and the days that I have spend with my uncle and cousins in summer holidays at our village in the mountains of Greece.

He was a great guy. Sometimes you don’t know how can other people affect your life, and I was thinking if my uncle didn’t follow the JW’s my life would have been different. First off all I my father wouldn’t also follow JW and this happened because of my uncle that saw bad things happening at the Orthodox Church. So as usual, one JW came in conduct with him and the rest you can guess it easily.

If only he, and my father could just sit a little bid and think about it. They spend their lives and financial future for the Organization, waiting for Armageddon, and because of this they have affect our life’s. When I start to question the JW’s theological system and read all those books that Russell and Rutherford wrote I said ‘what the hell is happening in here’. How came people like that with no theological, and historical background can create such a massive cult like JW’s. How come and you have been cheated by a bunch of false prophets, and you have left all the spiritual riches that the Orthodox Church gave you all this years?

All these thoughts came by and suddenly I grab my guitar got on stage and start to play with the band.

The next morning I went to the funeral. After the burial I just went in one corner of the cemetery and whisper: “I know you are watching me uncle, I guess now you know the truth. Now you are close to God along with my untie. She was waiting for you. I know you are both happy again. As you have see uncle I no longer believe the JW’s. Deep inside me I’m Christian Orthodox and although I disagree with the some bad things happening insight the Church, still the truth never changes. I know that God has forgiven you because He is A God of LOVE. And what you have done you did it in order to be closer to HIM. Although you have been misleaded by false prophets. I will light a candle in memory of you to the Church of our village. Have to go now I have a war to fight. You know that I have my family in the Organization and I have to help them to get out. It is a big war, as you will see. I love you and one day we will be meet again…we will have so many things to say…until then good bye uncle…”

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

(((justhuman))) i am so sorry for your loss...

• Nikita
    Nikita

I am sorry for your loss.

(((((((((justhuman))))))))))

Nikita

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((justhuman)))

• gumby
    gumby

Very touching Justhuman. I wish your dad could have heard your whispers to your uncle.

Gumby

• Dansk
    Dansk

Justhuman,

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Best wishes,

Dansk & Family

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((justhuman)))))))))

May you win the war and thus have your sorrow eased. Perhaps your Aunt and Uncle will help you.

outnfree

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

so sorry to hear about your loss ((((((((justhuman))))))))

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

So so sorry to hear about your loss.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

My condolences goes out to you dealing with your loss.

OldCrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit