Hi First Post Here

by Distracted 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Distracted
    Distracted

Just wanted to break the ice and write my first post here and also talk about some things that are bothering me. I don't go to meetings anymore and I have become inactive for years now.

I don't believe the witnesses have the truth more than any other organized religion. I can't fake my disinterest, but I try to just be nice. Lately relatives and others have been trying to get me to go with them. They talk about some new thing this month the org has to help people back in. This pressure is really getting to me.

I'm agnostic and I don't believe there is any sacred book from God here on earth. I like science but I think there is some sort of intelligence out there but I don't think it is definable.

I feel very lonely. Being raised a witness and being one for most of my adult life has made me feel weird. I don't feel quite of this world and I don't belong in the org either. I miss the support and friendship but I don't miss feeling shackled by all the stuff the org wants a witness to do. I am glad to think my own thoughts and form my own opinions.

Anyway, just looking for someone to talk to.

• freddo
    freddo
    You've come to the right place. Welcome!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi Distracted. Welcome to the forum, I'm LUHE.

Similar to you, I'm agnostic. I seriously doubt God exists, but he can always get in touch with me if he does

I am glad to think my own thoughts and form my own opinions - yes, this is good, isn't it! You're certainly allowed to do this here.

I sometimes get lonely, too. This forum's a pretty good place for talking and making friends.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

You have found lots of folks here to talk to! You'll enjoy the support and understanding as well as great logic which celebrates freedom. Things will get better. I have found so much help here to recover from the mind-controlling WT cult.

Marina

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Welcome, there are many here that have shared your experience.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Welcome to the mentally diseased. Live long and prosper!!
  • Distracted
    Distracted
    You guys are funny and nice! Thank you for your comments!
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

When I say that I mean it. !!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/shatner-refutes-regina-high-school-legend-1.1096072

I have lived long enough to shake hands with the first man on the moon and also this guy. I have never met spock though.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hello Distracted--and welcome to the site.

are you able to say where you are-?-i'm in the UK

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay here!

You sum up very well how many people feel as they start to think about leaving and are stuck in that difficult middle ground of not feeling like you fit well in either place. There are lots of us who've been in the same spot so I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice and even the "yup, me too" type comments are hopefully useful to help you feel less alone & different.

One thing to remember though is that the JW existence is very regimented, to a degree that you don't realize until you leave it. Once you are out in the big wide world you realize that hardly anyone has a real clue of who they are, what they're doing or why. Everyone is doing the best they can, making mistakes, having occasional flashes of brilliance or stupidity and making friends along the way.

You'll soon feel less alone and less isolated when you start to look at people as just people, just like you and not through the 'zombie' like caricature view that the WTS portrays "worldly people".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit