2020 Convention Friday Highlights: Information Control and Hypocrisy

by neat blue dog 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Overrated
    Overrated

No new material, just spinning the same shit over and over. And some still buy into it blindly.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Let's take time to put aside our worldly troubles and enjoy this week's meeting". Then the next hour was spent discussing .......worldly troubles! (StudyOver)

I used to be very "negatively" vocal about "Public" Talk outlines highlighting all the negative aspects of governments, the world, etc. for 40 minutes, then have 5 minutes that God's Kingdom will make it all good. I wanted to cut my wrists when someone stuck with the outline. Talks were so depressing. If the writers for the public talks had ever engaged in a formal scholastic debate they would have lost.

In the 1980's they still had conventions that were 1/2 Thursday (I think) then through the weekend. You take off work, get your family all dressed to be at the convention site by 12:00, finally settle in some seats and for four to five hours back to back talks on the subject: Listen, listen, listen, notes, notes, notes, listen, listen, listen, notes, notes, notes. I was not a happy Hot and Damp camper in Houston Texas at the Astro Dome in the summer time.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Omg... I used to volunteer for parking and then cleaning, and food when that used to be a thing.. Nothing like sweating your nuts off in the Summer heat, directing a bunch of morons who can’t think for themselves, then roasting in a suit because the cheap mofos won’t run the AC in the arena as they should.

The only thing I miss are the danishes and burritos, and the orange juice for some reason. Not sure what was in that stuff, crack?? Damn it was good.. Then it was taken away....

DD

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Not sure what was in that stuff, crack??

I think it's just a psychological effect: the dullness of the day contrasted with a brief reprieve, similar to the excitement for airplane peanuts.

• JWTom
    JWTom

DATA-DOG

I have done all of that not that long ago. Parking lot duty is still a thing for many PIMO JWs that are stuck.

Loved the Cheese Danish, Burritos, partially-frozen OJ and also the Chocolate Pudding cups was a favorite of mine growing up!!!

As mentioned, all the content is the same thing over and over again. Myself and my PIMI wife commented on the surprising amount of nature-oriented video content that has been brought in. Why are nature videos needed? Because there is nothing else new to talk about that is Bible-based....desperate to talk about something new/different.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The only thing I miss are the danishes and burritos, and the orange juice for some reason. Not sure what was in that stuff, crack?? Damn it was good..

@DATA-DOG ...

I know what you mean. I can still taste the hoagies (subs, heros, whatever you wish to call them) at Yankee Stadium in New York. Cheap bologna, salami, ham, whatever mystery meat. But it still tasted so good with those cheap Shasta colas.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I watched some of the nature videos and I think I found where they got them from, Shutterstock or similar sites that sell videos for distribution. Nothing wrong with that except that some pimi dubs think they were all made by brothers all over the world. Some dubs will fall for anything...

• Overrated
    Overrated

How about those long ass prayers where the brother at the end of the convention would rehash the whole program with seeds of jeehover about 100 time in between. Standing there get this fucker over with so I can go home. Something I don't miss.

• Listener
    Listener

They are only in the second half of the first day before they started asking for money.

I couldn't believe it, they were supposed to be standing up at the time and were told to be seated as soon as the request was made.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

OMG, those danishes were SO good!!! I got free food tix as a pioneer and would stock up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit