The right to record your judicial committee meeting

by UnshackleTheChains 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

In some jurisdictions it is illegal to record a conversation without the other party's agreement.

With a judicial committee they deny you the right to record it (they will shut it down and use *it* as a judgement against you) and they also deny you the right to representation.

Really, your best bet is to just not go - it's a rigged system where they are they prosecution, judge, jury and executioners.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Elders: We are inviting you to a judicial committee.

Me: Sure, I will attend. I would like to invite a few witnesses and record the session.

Elders: Neither are allowed.

Me: What do you mean? Where is this written in our publications?

Elders: It is not.

Me: Which biblical principle is used to support this?

Elder: well... searching...

Me: Listen, this has nothing to do with justice and I will not attend. You may do what you want, but may Jehovah have mercy should you choose to disfellowship someone that did not get proper justice. I have no idea how you will sleep at night.

• zeb
    zeb

Read the elders guide book on backroom meetings. (jc)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

From personal experience, if you ask to record it, they will so no, and refuse to go ahead with the meeting unless you switch off any recording equipment that they are aware of.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My thoughts on this is that they will view you as a trouble-maker, not complying with the will or direction of the Elders and have the JC meeting in you absence and pass whatever judgement against you as they see fit.

And the only way to get around that is to threaten to sue them personally for whatever action they take

That usually scares the bejesus out of them.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

Here in France you can use this type of evidence.That is, you can record without consentment of other.

The best known case is the "Bettencourt" evidences ( L'oréal)

It depends of the type of trial .."pénal" or "civile" ( I don't know the exact Terms in English )

Best Regards

PS:

An Idea: You can have 2 recorders the first record and a second is a fake :)( Two smart phone for exemple )

Then when you ask for record the judicial committée, the first already record , when they refuse, you turn off the fake recorder :)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Or just lie.

When I was asked if I was recording it, I simply said "why would you ask that?", and kept the recorder going....

They may have assumed that I said no.

• Island Man
    Island Man

"When I was asked if I was recording it, I simply said "why would you ask that?", and kept the recorder going...."

Yeah that's a good strategy. Also, you can walk with a notepad with the intention of taking notes. They're less likely to think that you have an audio recording device if they see you have a notepad to take notes manually. And when they ask if you're recording you can say: "Yeah I intend to take note of important points. Is that a problem?"

• sir82
    sir82

Me: Listen, this has nothing to do with justice and I will not attend. You may do what you want, but may Jehovah have mercy should you choose to disfellowship someone that did not get proper justice. I have no idea how you will sleep at night.

Elder: You clearly have no respect for theocratic arrangements. Jehovah's organization has set out the standards for a judicial meeting. If you do not accept Jehovah's means to provide justice, you cannot expect mercy. I will sleep very well tonight, thank you.

Challenging an elder in a judicial setting is THE quickest way to get yourself DF'ed. Shows a "lack of repentance".

Standard disclaimer: not defending, just explaining.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

In the US, most jurisdictions allow you to record a private conversation as long as at least one party consents to it. Not sure how it is where you live. In public, you need no consent from either party.

The elders however, will never allow you to do this, but with the gadgets that exist today, it's really easy to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit