Speaking with Demons

by BereanThinker7 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

Having learned more actual Christian beliefs since awaking from the org, looking back we had such strange and unhealthy obsession with demons compared to any other denomination that I know of. I recently remembered this article from when i was a kid.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101986604?q=talk+to+the+demons&p=par#h=23

The guy says he spoke with demons and all sorts other weird things. Of course I am highly skeptical that the org would ever print anything like this now or that this even happened lol. The article mentions the writer as being Ralph Anderson and his wife is Mari, it seems like they would have been from the Oakland CA area. Its a long shot but did anyone ever know them in person or hear of them???

• blondie
    blondie

I always found that jws who said the demons talked to them, were those who most likely felt they did not get enough attention with people at the KH, especially the elders. It gave them fame in their minds. Children of such people were likely to carry on this or really started believing that demons felt that they were a worthy target. There are so many other indirect things that are more effective in making people doubt their beliefs, most being other jws who sit on judgment and encourage others to be careful around them.

Others had medical conditions that affected their view of reality or were taking meds that altered their perceptions, many not getting proper professional treatment (and I don't mean exorcists)

The only demons I spoke to daily were my parents.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

"demons" = sleep paralysis and hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations

By the way, did Yoshiko pop up anywhere in that article?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I'm not saying it's true or not, but I will say this, who is more powerful? With all those "demon" attacks, it is showing their god to be pretty weak. I tend to believe that most "demons" are what Piece said above me.

• TD
    TD

JW's have more than their fair share of kooks, but to be fair, people in general were way more superstitious and gullible not so very long ago.

The belief that demons could inadvertantly be brought into your home, for example, was not unique to the JW's. As near as I can tell, it was touched off by a 1959 book by a French Monsignor on the dangers of the spirit world. The hysteria crossed denominational lines and even entered pop-culture through movies like Rosemary's Baby.

Stories of alleged real life encounters with the supernatural could be found everywhere from lady's magazines to the Reader's Digest and lots of people took it seriously. It was a different time.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate
    I remember a relative telling me that television is a way for demons to enter your home. This relative was raised around the organization but never baptized. Now that I think of it, maybe she was just being very sarcastic and trying to show me just how stupid such thinking is.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I remember a relative telling me that television is a way for demons to enter your home.

Ive heard that one before. I think it stems from 80s obsession with poltergeists.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That piece in the Watchtower is so funny.

The occultist knew a drug dealer and used demons to predict he would be arrested. And Two months later he was ! Er.... must be spiritism and nothing at all to do with the fact he was a dealer LoL!

Apparently the demons also told him that the end of the world was coming. It’s so illogical....don’t witnesses ever wonder why these super intelligent beings, knowing what fate awaits them and knowing they cannot win, continue to glean such paltry joys as hitting this man on the head in bed and rattling his windows ! So definitely worth being killed by Jehovah for!!

After one Kingdom Hall visit he prays to jehovah and jehovah removes the demons from his bedroom ( despite witnesses saying god only listens to the prayers of baptised witnesses) but the demons continue to rattle his windows! Apparently god can only banish them 20 feet or so!!

You can’t really blame the witnesses, though, when you read the superstitious gumpf Paul writes about demons in the Greek scriptures....servant girls speaking with demons and making her masters a bunch on the Roman equivalent of the lotto and the like!

• fulano
    fulano

Well if you believe a snake spoke to Eve everything is possible.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

I also remember a story that was in a yearbook but its obscure in my memory. Supposedly demons were snapping the necks of people in a village who wanted to study and put a ladys baby in an oven??? It was something along those lines . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit