What God Really Wants

by Farkel 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SYN
    SYN
    When I was a dub, I remember asking a few questions in the "bookstudy" about why there was so much really terrible stuff in the Bible. The canned answer was something along the line that this is the people he HAD to work with, faults and all...to show how wonderful and merciful of a God he was. Yeah right.

That's a load of bull, purely because of all the stuff that God told his people to do on his behalf...many examples come to mind...this God is not a cuddly, fun-loving guy, that's for sure. Unless you're Rambo, that is.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Again, peace to you!

AGuest... I agree with your points on crack addicts having children.

I think it's valid and am glad you do, too. Unfortunately, as many threads have shown, folks would much rather blame God than those who do such things to their own children. And they blame God for that, too, saying He set the example. But that is not the case at all... and ONE day... we... humans... as a WHOLE... will find that simply taking RESPONSIBILITY for our OWN actions... and blaming NO ONE else... is all that God requires. Worship... with TRUTH... through the spirit! For me, it's a matter of "yeah, my parents were such and such... and did so and so... and taught me such and so... but after a certain point... a certain AGE... I really was doing what I wanted to do. Really. Whatever the outcome... good or bad."

I work with the products of this every day. I also work with kids who have been beaten, had their parents try to kill them for "lipping off" like you readily defend.

I have worked with such children... and lived with such children. But... I'm confused. You say "like you readily defend". I have to ask: are you still speaking to me, dear Avishai? Because if so, you are in error. Truly. For I defend nothing of the kind.

What you want to defend is horrible.

Again, we need to clarify who you're addressing here... and, if me, what you think I "want" to do.

These are children.

Indeed.

I've seen them turn up with gashes six inches long in their stomachs, have you?

Sigh! I've seen worse, dear one. And I've personally experienced worse. Again, then, you must clarify where you're coming from for me...

It's real easy to say "That was the law!!! "

Again, confusion on my part...

But do you ever see it?

Yes.

Do you have to hear their screams at night? Do you?

Not any more, no. But do I truly NEED to? Isn't once... more than enough? I bid you peace, dear Avishai... and again, ask for clarification as to whom you are addressing... and if it's me... what it is you think I am "defending." Because it CERTAINLY isn't parents who abuse their children... on ANY level. A slave of Christ, SJ

• Aztec
    Aztec

You know what always bothered me about god? Why put that damn tree in there anyway? Why put temptation so close and then tell them not to touch. Kinda sadistic.

Sorry if anyone else mentioned it but I was falling asleep trying to muddle through some of the longer posts. I have a short attention span.

~Aztec

• nilfun
    nilfun

"When God is silent, you can make Him say whatever you please."

-nilfun, of the "Sartre said it better than I ever could" class

• Farkel
    Farkel

A Paduan does its best to be silly:

There is nothing in the Bible that indicates that his son volunteered to do anything.

"?.nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." Of course, this statement by Jesus makes my case, but I guess you are just too braindead to see it.'

NEVER in the OT part of the Bible will you find words that tell parents to honor and cherish and nurture children.

And the LORD said (to Cain), "What have you done?? ?...I shall be a fugitive???.. and whoever finds me will slay me? Then the LORD said to him, "Not so!?? Of course, this quote is so out-of-context that I'm holding myself back on commenting about it. After all, I DO get DF'd from here occassionally. God just "cursed" Cain and at the very best, he tells Cain this, "Cain, you are screwed. You are "marked" and you are screwed, and wherever you go you will be "marked" and screwed. But I LOVE AND CHERISH AND HONOR YOU, CAIN! You're still screwed, though.

Nowhere in the Bible are parents admonished to treat children as little human beings, too.

??.do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven" Fine. What does "do not hinder them mean?" In other examples predating Jesus, parents were explicitly TOLD to "hinder" them, and if that didn't work, to stone their own children to death. Please reconcile this dilemma, doofus.

Sane parents don't stone "stubborn" children to death. BibleGod(tm) demands this sentence.

"You have heard that it was said, `An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
    But I say to you,??
    Another idiotic verse that makes the quoter look (A Paudan) like a doofus. If that verse was to be taken literally, then a "stubborn" child should be punished with some sort of "stubborn" punishment. Like for like. Tooth for tooth. Eye for eye. There is nothing in that verse that shows that stubborn children deserved to be stoned to death. Your pathetic and laughingly stupid argument should be stoned to death. But please keep trying. I'm amused by your efforts, and so is every thinking person who reads your rot. Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit