What God Really Wants

by Farkel 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    Adam didn't just sell his IMMEDIATE progeny; he sold ALL of his progeny

Well, when Jesus "repurchased" said progeny, why wouldn't the same rules have come into play?

And so... God is allowing time for ALL that Adam "sold"... who WISH to be... BE "covered"...

Why would this only taken 2,000 years or so? Why not 500 years, why not 10,000 years? etc. etc. etc. - it just never ends.

The simple fact in this "deal" - Adam supposedly sold our souls so to speak, and Jesus supposedly bought them back. Where in the contract does it say it was gonna take upteen 1000's of generations for the deal to revert? For every person that "chooses" to be covered or not covered, 2-3 more souls are born. So this is just simply not a logical response. God gave us the ability to reason, and there simply is none in this argument. It makes no sense.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace to you!

AGuest- I still think that Adam and Eve had no idea what they were getting into.

Well, at least one of them did. And you don't have to take my word for it. Even "the Bible" says that it was Eve who was deceived... but that Adam... was not. If he was not deceived, then I tend to think he knew EXACTLY what he was getting into. Or at least, he THOUGHT he did. But you know the saying, "A hard head... makes a soft..." well, you know...

"God" obviously did not outline what "selling their progeny" would entail. He left them with extremely vague warnings and tons of naivete. They were just like children in a sense. God

God... did not make them an offer, dear one. The "salesman"... the one who SHOULD have outlined exactly what they were getting into by means of "contracting" with HIM... did. And no, he didn't tell them what "selling their progeny" would entail. He was a LIAR, remember? Why WOULD he? (In my best "Dr. Phil" voice) - Do ya'll not see what's happening here? Ward tells the Beev, "Look, son, that's a pretty souped up ride I got out there in the garage, and you don't have your license yet. Who knows, maybe one day I'll let you take her for a spin, but right now she's pretty dangerous! You touch her, and you're going to die! Why? 'Cause I'm gonna kill ya? No, because you don't know what you're doing. That machine in the hands of a kid is a loaded gun. You just don't know what a car like that can do just yet, and she'll get away from you and careen you off some road. So, I'm telling you, stay away from her. Yes, I know the washing machine's out there, and so you've got to go out there to do your laundry (oh, for heaven's sake, he's 14! June went back to work!). And yeah, I know your bike's out there, too, and you need it to get school. But I'm telling you to leave that car alone, and I'm not telling you this because I don't love you... I'm telling you because I DO love you and I don't want... (to have to explain your death to your mother... you know how she gets...uh, sorry)... anything to happen to you." But... well, along comes... Eddie Haskel... who says, "Gee, Beev... is it true yer dad tol' youse you couldn't use anyt'ing in the garage... I mean, youse can't even ride yer bike... can't even wash yer clothes?" And the Beev says, "Nahh, Eddie, he ain't said nuthin' like that. He only said we can't drive the hotrod 'cause it's too dangerous... we could die." And Eddie Haskel says, "Awww, Beev, she ain't dangerous! Yer dad jus' tol' you that 'cause he knows that if you drive her, you'll be like HIM... drivin' all over town and all. And you won't need him no more to drive you to movies or out for shakes anymore.. you can drive yerself. Heck, you could even go to the drive-in and pick up chicks like he use'ta do! It ain't dangerous... and you ain't gonna die." So, the Beev... and Whitey... go for a ride. Problem is... Ward hadn't finished tweaking the brakes... AND... they lived on a hill! So, while it's true that they started at a slow roll... it was inevitable that they would pick up momentum... and crash. Fatally. I know, I know... some would say "Well, then, Ward should have just said that the car had no breaks." Perhaps. But I'll bet you 10:1... Eddie would have said, "Awww, Beev, don't worry about THAT - all you need ta do is DOWNSHIFT!!!" Sigh! I wonder that for some of you... Ward would still be to blame. Not Eddie Haskel... and certainly not the Beev. Anyway, I bid you peace. A slave of Christ, SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

since we can dictate to God a timetable... I guess you would be correct: it's taking too long. He needs to do something... now. Right? Because regardless of what others... including God who does not want ANY to die... want... we're fed up. Enough time has passed, future generations be damned! We want "paradise"... now! Right?

I don't think God moves by our timetable, dear PG.

(Funny how we cry about life being "too short", though, isn't it?)

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

AGuest-

Well, at least one of them did. And you don't have to take my word for it. Even "the Bible" says that it was Eve who was deceived... but that Adam... was not. If he was not deceived, then I tend to think he knew EXACTLY what he was getting into. Or at least, he THOUGHT he did. But you know the saying, "A hard head... makes a soft..." well, you know...

So, you claim that Adam knew exactly what he was getting into, eh? He knew that "selling his progeny" was what "God" meant by having the "knowledge of good and evil"? That's a bit of a leap if you ask me. Who would've thought that that meant milleniums of horrors befalling their children? No one! Especially not two naive humans who had no knowledge of anything outside their sheltered lives. Adam DID NOT know what taking a bite of that fruit would mean. "God" chose not to give him the big picture and we all suffer because "God" chose to be short-winded. This was the most important thing to discuss in the history of mankind, and "God" chose to throw a couple of lame warnings out and leave it. How loving.

Also, even if Adam "thought" he knew what was up, it was "God's" responsibility to lay it all out for him. If "God" was going to make such a silly rule he should've outlined the consequences more fully.

I suppose we could go back and forth with the analogies to prove our opposing points, but I digress.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I have come to believe that God is part of the fabric of the universe in which we live and as such, cannot make arbitary decisions as have been discussed. We ourselves and the interactions between us are what make up part of the universe's conciousness. I really would like to believe we go somewhere when we die, but even if we do, I guess it is still in that same universe.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I am thoroughly conviced that if the Bible is to be believed as it is written, then God has gone out of his way ....................

amazing isn't it - something so obvious - and yet fundamentalists still insist on being so 'christian' offensive

Behold, I do a deed in your day

• Odrade
    Odrade

A Guest:

If this is true:

Again, you err. My Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... actually DID suffer. Greatly. He did NOT have perfect health and he DID get sick. When seeing him, most CRINGED... because of the state of his flesh: he was RIDDLED WITH DISEASE, even diseases usually found only in women! For EVERY TIME he healed someone, he did so by taking THEIR "sin" (corruption)... into HIS body! Thus, when they came to arrest him, he was SO disfigured, that they fell away from him!

then the sacrifice, according to YOUR FATHER'S own book (Bible) would be worthless, despicable.

Malachi 1:8:

And when YOU present a blind [animal] for sacrificing: "It is nothing bad." And when YOU present a sick one: "It is nothing bad."'"
    "Bring it near, please, to your governor. Will he find pleasure in you, or will he receive you kindly?" Jehovah of armies has said.

And Leviticus 22:20

Anything in which there is a defect YOU must not present, because it will not serve to gain approval for YOU.

And Deuteronomy 15:21

And in case there should prove to be in it a defect, being lame or blind, any bad defect, you must not sacrifice it to Jehovah your God.

And we shouldn't forget: Hebrews 9:14

How much more will the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works that we may render sacred service to the living God.

So now you claim:

When seeing him, most CRINGED... because of the state of his flesh: he was RIDDLED WITH DISEASE, even diseases usually found only in women!

Well all I can say to that is EWWWW! and also AAAHAHAHAHA!

Odrade

• Odrade
    Odrade

Farkel:

• Farkel
    Farkel

My Dearest Aguest,

You said:

: First, my Father did not assassinate my Lord, nor did He have him assassinated. He LET... my Lord... offer HIMSELF... as a sacrifice. And it was not an undesirable thing that my Lord did. He gave himself... willingly.

Baloney. The Bible clearly says that God "offered up" his own son as a sacrifice. There is nothing in the Bible that indicates that his son volunteered to do anything. "Dad" made the rules and "Son" carried them out. Just as it has always been in all the Bible stories: kids had no rights. NEVER in the OT part of the Bible will you find words that tell parents to honor and cherish and nurture children. But you have a Commandment(tm) that tells children to honor their parents. Nowhere in the Bible are parents admonished to treat children as little human beings, too. BUT the Bible is very explicit about what parents should do to children who are "stubborn": stone them to death, and in cases less severe than that to beat the shit out of them. The Bible is very clear about this: children, and women have NO rights and NO respect in the Bible preceding the time of Jesus, and women have no rights in the time of Paul and thereafter. Is God a God of confusion and ever-changing rules or is the Old Testament version of his rules true and his Will? In either case, He can't be trusted. He's a tyrant and he's evil. No father who is sane would ever chose to be like "BibleGod(tm)". Sane parents don't stone "stubborn" children to death. BibleGod(tm) demands this sentence.

It's crap.

Farkel

• micheal
    micheal

Aguest, are you stoned? Sounds like you been smoking some of the sweet stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit