Special Assembly Day report 2003/2004

by truthseeker 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

Gumby,

And if there is anytime left in the week, you might be able to have time to wipe your arse!

LOL

• Latte
    Latte

Oopps...double post

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Gumby, LOl

Thanks for the report Truthseeker , reminds me of my last trip to Dudley Ass. Hall . I had to go out for a walk to relieve the redium. Your Circuits must a lot larger than around here.

Did they really encourage the dubs to "Reveal true thoughts and feelings to elders?" Come on , your average "brought up in the truth" elder today could not handle anything other than textbook answers . A recipe for trouble !!

I trust you made a generous donation towards the deficit $11k seems massive by the figures that I used to know.

Thanks for sharing your notes.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

My wife and I thoughly enjoyed your review of the s.a.d.while having our breakfast together this morning.

About the s.a.d. really being a money grabbing day,I got to tell you,once when I was allowed into the special "COUNTING ROOM",I personally saw the 'MONEY'laid out on the table as the brothers were separating the ( sheep from the goats ) just kidding !

They were separating the ones, fives, tens,twenties,small change etc.Others were dumping the contribution boxes onto this big round table into a huge pile of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Blueblades,who gave plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ over the years.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What annoys me to no end is the statement that was made of children not having double standards.

Just where does the organization get off making this insistance upon its young people and for that matter all in the congregation including the elders. Lets face facts the biggest offenders of these double standard breakers are the elders and adults in the Hall. Those are the ones who have sexually forced themselves on the YOUNG PEOPLE,and have destroyed these innocents. How dare they ?? They dare preach that!!! They are holier then thou and how is it that they pretent to make the children in the congregations feel bad, because they make a mistake. What sick minded men that run the organization, they are disgusting deeds that the witnesses then did and now who still practice these terrible acts against our innocents. YOU the Watchtower should be on YOUR HANDS AND KNEEs BEGGING GOD FOR MERCY, AS THERE IS NO MERCY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND ALLOWED TO BE COVERED UP!!!!!!!!

The WBST should be more cautious of their outlines of talks or they will have protesters throwing rocks at them. Outside assemblies or halls or even outside the homes of known pedeophiles

Orangefatcat

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thanks that is an excellent summary -- saves me going -- basically you have saved a whole day out of my life plus gasoline and other expenses - -really appreciated

• blondie
    blondie

TS, I know for sure that there is nothing new under the sun. The SAD program proves it. Meeting attendance was way down when I stopped attending. A sister at the old congo said it is even worse now.

Blondie

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Truthseeker, if you thought it was bad sitting thru a quick review of the WT study article at the SAD, just think how agonizing it was and how angry I was for a whole hour at the KH this morning while discussing this article.

The first 6 paragraphs discussed how the nation of Israel's leaders were fleecing the flock, sucking them dry, down to the marrow and how evil that was, and then paragraph 7 tells us (the flock today) that we if practice sin, we won't get our prayers answered. Especially if we are leading a double life and concealing our wrongdoing while "pretending" to serve God faithfully. And just why should we get our prayers answered? Because paragraph 11 says we have to preach and declare "our heavenly Father's judgement message" and we can't do that if we are practicing sin; we would not be in a position to have "the spirit of Jehovah" resting on us so we can tell all non-JWs that they are going to die.

Paragraph 14 intrigued me. It stated: "Judah certainly cannot escape Jehovah's adverse judgement. In fulfillment of the prophecy recorded at Micah 3:12, Zion will be 'plowed up as a mere field." From our 21st century vantage point, we know that these things took place when the Babylonians brought devastation upon Judah and Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E. THis occurred years after Micah prophesied, but he was sure that it was coming. Surely we should be just as confident that the present wicked system of things will end in the foretold 'day of Jehovah.' -- 2 Peter 3:11,12"

What do they mean by their "21st century vantage point?"

• freeman
    freeman

Aren?t we all grateful to brother Truthseeker for bringing us this bounty of spiritual food!

Between the great write-up of the assembly from brother Truthseeker and the often insightful analysis our dear sister Blondie provides us with, we surly are blessed. Best of all we get the benefits of the meetings without the great waste investment of time normally required. Now if any of us should ever undergo a brain seizure a spiritual reawakening, and wish to return to our own vomit the fold, we will be up to date with the latest bullshit understanding from the faithless faithful slave; all thanks to you.

Thank you once again for your fine report, it was almost like being there, I even felt a bit of nausea, very realistic.

Freeman

• Odrade
    Odrade

How on earth does a one day assembly cost so much that by the afternoon they still have an $11k deficit??? I've worked the counting tables, I know how the contributions pour in. So do we assume that one day of an assembly now costs even more than $11,000??? Money grab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit