Local newspaper features "Leaving the Flock"

by talesin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

What an excellent article! I wish a paper here in Alberta would carry something like this.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

excellent - bttt

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I just spoke to a friend of mine in Halifax a minute ago, and he's going to mail me a copy for my library.

Hope you folks up there weather the storm OK.

• Special K
    Special K

Hey talesin...

What a superbly written article. I enjoyed reading the whole thing.

As a fellow NOva Scotian and exJW, I too am still a little nervous about things and meet ups..

But this article has certainly sparked my interest in it...

If you find out anything about the meetup drop me a pm..and I just might go..

sincerely

special k

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

excellent -- thanks for the info

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

They Keep talking about Fred, surely that's not Fred Hall.

• sf
    sf

I'm embedding the page so no one misses the ARTWORK depicted on the newspage:

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    They Keep talking about Fred, surely that's not Fred Hall.

Yeru, I know a large portion of the exJW community up there. If it's the same couple I'm thinking of, "Fred" is a pseudonym. I will respect their privacy and not go into further detail, but rest assured it is not Fred Hall.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one
    Ruge, who comes across as friendly and accessible over the phone, says ?we feel bad when anybody feels hurt or angered.? He says there is no policy of shunning people who have left the Jehovah?s Witnesses because they stopped believing. Individual Witnesses, he says, may behave more coolly toward their friends or family members who have left the faith, but that is their personal choice. Unless of course the ex-Witness is ?bad news, like a thief or a fornicator,? says Ruge, but those would be grounds for disfellowshipping, and shunning would likely follow.

And we all know what a load of crap that statement is.

-

Ignored One.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Talesin Good Find. BTTT for us who were off line on the weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit