we are moving to Texas....

by Eyebrow2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Oh, you meant you are moving to Aposta-fest Central?!!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

You're going to love Texas!

If there is anything you need or that I can do, please let me know.

Lisa

• willowstreet
    willowstreet

Eyebow,

I live in McKinney which is about five minutes north of Plano. I have a teenager here and I have a nephhew who lives in Plano.

First of all, there is a lot of money in Plano. If you are moving to the West side that is considered the wealthiest area. There is a lot of pressure on the kids to have stuff. Some of the kids drive Hummers, BMW's, etc...Everyone has a mansion of a house.

The East side is not that way, they actually have some very poor areas on the east side.

There are three high schools in Plano...Plano West, Plano East and simply Plano High School, I think Plano High School in somewhat in the middle.

Sports are a huge thing down here, especially football, in fact the Plano schools are big rivals against one another.

I know that heroin is a problem in the Plano school district, mostly because of lots of money and bored kids. If you keep your son busy with sports, maybe that would be a protection.

I love the summers here, they are hot, but it is green and pretty and if you have a pool and a air conditioner you'll be just fine.

The winters are depressing, even though it doesn't get that cold, it gets grey. The trees are grey, they grass is grey, the sky is grey. Not a flower to be found.

There is a lot of shopping, watching football, eating out, and in the summer, go to the lake.

And yes, I agree with the poster above, go to the state fair of texas!!!!

Ft. Worth has become a nice little city, so much nicer than Dallas. It didnt' used to be that way, Dallas was the cool city and Ft. Worth was a cow town. Obviously they have some pretty savey city planners in Ft. Worth because it keeps getting better. The museums, theatres, festivals, night life...really is fun.

Dallas is dead.

I champoroned a high school dance last night and I am trying to remember the boys clothes, it does seem like the boys hair cuts are getting longer...but that is all I can recall. I know they do that nasty dance that I can't stand. Where the girls turn around and ....well, I can't describe it, its horrible. I can't believe they dance that way. And the school allows it.

Anyway, I love Texas, I hope you are happy.

willowstreet

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Congratulations, Eyebrow2....Looks like you have everything under control....Hope yall enjoy living here in Texas.....and hope to meet yall at the next Apostafest....or one soon thereafter....

Frannie B

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Willow,

I have a former client in McKinney, and I stopped by her house in August...I almost dropped dead when I saw he house....gorgeous!!!! I told my husband I wanted to move to McKinney, but he said no way jose...too far from anything. Sheesh....we live in a town of 12,000 right now, and have to drive out of state to see a skyline, hahah.

We are looking at a house in eastern Plano....we are a bit too white trash, and poor, hahah for the west side.

Thanks for all the info

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit