Why do they bury people that commit suicide?

by Blue 37 Replies latest jw friends

• saltiest
    saltiest

I remember when my Grandma died and I found out she was going to be cremated. I kept thinking "is that okay?", but I never asked anyone. I guess there was this feeling I had, maybe from a talk, or study, something, that it was a bad thing. Then again, I was always questioning everything I did or said, for fear of doing something wrong.

Regarding "a Jehovah", just because you may not have referred to a Witness as one, or yourself, doesn't mean it's not a phrase which is used. I no longer use it now, but when I left (8 years ago after being raised "in the truth") I would refer to ex-friends, elders, etc. as "you know, a Jehovah", completely loaded with sarcasm. I did it regularly (when the topic came up) and it was natural to me at the time. Of course, today, I use the term Jehoser and leave it at that.

To assume one hasn't been a Jehoser or a short amount of time, based on just a phrase, is not exactly the most effective way to make a point or come off as intelligent.

• Mac
    Mac

Cassi,

I,ve missed you too....doing well...and yeah, it's been a while...we should really do something about that!

(waiting for yer hubby to look away...there he goes...*smooch*... gotcha)

mac

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I just replied to this thread and it looks like it was lost...................maybe that is for the best, as I was angry , so very hurt and still so bitter at the way my Mother , who committed suicide after 16 years as a faithful witness........was not even laid to rest with ANY respect at all.

All I will say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the religion of JW's is nothing but COLDHEARTED!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,, I better end this post before I say words that will for sure , without a doubt get me in serious trouble here.

I HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly , truly despise the way my mother , even in her sad, miserable , death, was treated.

If there truly is a God, I hope he DOESNT have mercy on them the way they didnt for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((( Dede )))

Lady I am sorry you are feeling pain tonight, I share your grief and wish I could be there with you.

Healing hugs your way...

Cassi

Mac

We really need to catch up, that kiss was devine!

Cassi

• sens
    sens
    jws can be a cheap bunch, but most of their memorials, funerals are ok.

They can be yer...

• Mac
    Mac

(((Lyin))),

I doubt you have the ability to utter words that could incur trouble for you.............I am sorry for yer loss and agree about the heartless nature of this religion. I don't believe in god in the traditional sense...but, believe there is a reciprocity in the universe.........there will be an eventual reckoning.

mac

• smack
    smack

My nephew suicided a few months ago. He had 2 services, both from JW elders. First one at the crematorium, 2nd at the hall.

He was cremated. I don't think I've been to JW funeral in Aus where the person was buried.

My father in law (a top bloke) died 12 years ago, he's still in our wardrobe somewhere. jmack just hasn't decided where

his final resting place will be. (Yes he was cemated)

When my grandfather died in the early 70's he was cremated. The crematorium rang grandma up months after and asked

what did she want done with the ashes. She'd forgotten about them, and they were of no significance to her. Maybe my mob

don't get attached to remains, it may be an Aussie thing.

When I die, I told the missus to cremate me and send me to Bondi. I want the full tour of Sydney's sewer system. Full flush too,

none of this half flush for me.

Steve

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

""Maybe some incredibly heartless, thick, cretinous morons choose cremation to avoid paying for a stone

Excuse me.......could you please explain this? Do you feel this way about all individuals how choose cremation? Or was it just a shot against the JWs?
    ""

ONLY when you choose cremation to avoid paying for a stone........
    when that is the sole reason.....

• shera
    shera

(((((Lyin)))))

Sorry this topic hurt you.

The only time I heard people say the jehovahs,they were non JW's who don't know much about the religion.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have been called a "Jehovah" -- it is a term in my experience used by either evangelicals or born again christians in a derogatory fasion against Jehovah's Witnesses. When it was used against me I did not toe the party line of being polite -- I got angry with the househoulder and said would you like it if I called you a Jesus -- but that is me -- but to summaraize the term "Jehovah" has only ever been used in a bad way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit