Annoying jws

by Jrjw 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Steel
    Steel

Tell her Wal-Mart now sells vibrators, out in the open. No need to visit some slimey sex shop.

Maybe that will get her to loosen up.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Nothing worse than a converted sinner.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Oh yes! I had an Elders wife who constantly wanted to tell me how to raise my kids. Of course, they had NO kids, so she was a friggin expert. She also liked to criticize my hair, make up, etc. I gave her a talk that was long over due. My tone was firm and I gave her a piece of my mind. Interesting....she NEVER bothered me again. It's funny how that works.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Apparently I'm a bad parent coz she feels that way. She said I Need to sort her out and make her interested. Gave me an example of a single mother she knows who prayed every day with her 3 kids

Sister Big Nose: "You need to be like Sister Goodexample...she's a single mother yet she's able to set an upbuilding example to other mothers in the congregation."

You: "My daughter and I do our part in the Congregation by making you and everyone else look good by comparison and we provide a way for all of you to feel superior about yourselves."

After saying that to her, rest the phone receiver down on the kitchen counter and go on about your day as she replies. Maybe start vacuuming the floor or something equally noisy. She'll get the point and never bother you again.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Did anyone else have any annoying people trying to correct them all the time and point out everything they're doing wrong instead of concentrating on themselves

Yes, it's called a congregation. What gets to me is how entitled to get into your business without your permission they act.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good grief. They're bonkers aren't they?!

A 'concerned' jw in my congregation rang me earlier and said she's noticed my daughter sits miserable at the meetings and said she's a right miserable girl In general.

None of 'concerned's' business. Anyone with half a brain would be miserable at meetings

I said she's happy and hyper when she's not at the meetings they're just really boring and she doesn't want to be there.

This is the truth. Well said.

Apparently I'm a bad parent coz she feels that way.

Totally the opposite. Your daughter has been well brought up to distinguish fact from fiction. Well done you.

She said I Need to sort her out and make her interested.

Still none of 'concerned's' flippin' business.

Gave me an example of a single mother she knows who prayed every day with her 3 kids and was out on ministry all the time with them and sang kingdom melodies at home witn them and did this and that and all 3 kids are now adults and all strong spiritual jws.

Propaganda 101. she doesn't know of any such person. By 'strong spiritual™' I imagine she means 'brainwashed, governing body obeying drones'.

I'm sat there on the phone rolling my eyes.

This is understandable if you're not going to tell 'concerned' to 'bog off'.

Neither of us wants to be at the meetings lol I've done pretty well in avoiding them as much as possible coz of colds lately.

I'd invent more illnesses to stay away too.

This sister has constantly criticised me for the last 12 years,

this is very telling. She needs to put you down to make herself feel special. Typical JW behaviour. Perhaps it's time to start dropping hints to the elders™ you are concerned about her 'apostate™' views? Maybe not. I'm just being nasty.

when I tried talking to her about it a while ago she said she's my big sis and someone has to boss me around and help improve my flaws.

She's a bully.

Did anyone else have any annoying people trying to correct them all the time and point out everything they're doing wrong instead of concentrating on themselves

Yes I did. In the end he was imprisoned for paedophilia. He is now in a wheelchair, probably for the sympathy vote, and is back at meetings. He believes he's paid his debt to society after going to prison. He saw an ex-JW friend of mine in the supermarket a few years ago. He said 'hello. why don't you go to the meetings™ anymore?'

My friend told him to 'F)**&*_)&_)_^&*(^&*(^_*()^&)*(^)&(*^)&()^(&*)^)&(&($))!'

As you would!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry but I fail to understand how people like yourself put up with this sort of crap from people who have no business interfering in your lives.

You have put up with her for about 12 years ? are you kidding me ? GEEEEZZZZ

Tell her to fuck off and mind her own business.and to hell with the consequences.

What are you a mouse ? a doormat ?

Wake up to yourself. And stand up for yourself.

SHEEESSSHHH

{Sometimes it`s just gotta be said with no punches pulled .}

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

smiddy3

we put up with it because we're brainwashed to put up with it. The old throwing a cover over a dirty sofa illustration of covering over people's shortcomings like God forgives us. Not looking for the bad in people, rafter in the eye etc etc. You know the drill.

I had loads of trouble from an elder's wife, she was a triple A bitch, everyone said so. She singled me out every meeting. She had a go at one of my kids once because he asked if we could just stay for the Sunday talk one day. As we left she followed us out and told us off.

I always struggled getting to the conventions with my kids because no one would help me. One meeting she actually shouted at me in front of people 'You will have to answer to Jehovah for not attending the convention.'

Every month she'd come up to me and ask me if I'd been out in field service to check up on me.

My God, I was so happy when they moved. She was a total nightmare. I never stood up to her. I should have but I was so beaten down by it all, I didn't and that's probably how this sister is, too.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Thanks phoebe

• Onager
    Onager

Stories like these make me so boiling mad! These bullies are not able to carry on their bullying ways because you're weak, they get away with it because you're NICE.

They're exploiting a positive characteristic of yours, so if you want to counter them, you have to go against your own better nature and if you do get into a confrontation by not being nice towards them then the dice is loaded in their favour because they've had YEARS of experience not being nice.

This reminds me of the film Wargames: The only way to win is not to play.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit