A woman wearing a head covering in subjugation of men - absolutely mental

by jambon1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Darknight757 you I right, I believe, what is it with middle eastern men and HAIR?! Well I guess their beautiful thick shiny hair, both male and female, is pretty Lush!!!

However it is the hair that is the issue, hence Jewish women shave their hair, so that not a speck if it may pop out and enrage God and man! JWs that napkin just wouldn't cut it in the literal world of the OT they adore so much! Not sure what the OT is really getting at with the whole hair issue, can anyone enlighten us?

• steve2
    steve2

To survive in an age of gender equality, male oppression needs reframing as "female empowerment". Patriarchal-blinded females obligingly defend oppression in their untold millions.

When females say their chains protect them, men can relax, knowing the patriarchal jackpot is still ripe for the hitting.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

There are times when it is appropriate for a woman to wear a head covering . . .

https://youtu.be/hfgwrdYUQ2A

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think the thinking is that a woman's hair is like a natural crown given her. But since a crown would also symbolize authority and women are supposed to be in subjection it wouldn't be fitting for them to be wearing a crown while praying or prophesying because then the crown would imply that they have equal or superior authority to any men around (because women have longer hair). So to avoid shaming the man by having a bigger crown than him while doing a manly role in his presence, the woman has to cover her crown - cover her hair. If she would not cover the crown - her hair - then she should shave it off.

My personal speculation is that the idea that long hair represents authority could have come about by these ancient chauvinists observing that male lions have longer head hair and male chickens - roosters - have a bigger head thingy than the female hens. These observations of larger head pieces in these male animals may have caused them to associate bigger head pieces with authority since they tended to occur in male animal species. But when they noticed it in human females they decided to spin it as being merely a crown of beauty instead of a crown of authority because God wouldn't give women a crown of authority. But just to be on the safe side the women have to cover the head piece if doing a male role so that their crown of beauty can never be misinterpreted as a crown of authority.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

How did they ever get away with that and how does it go down now, in today's society?

Its fucking mental.

My thoughts are that just like with mistreatment of gay people, the mistreatment and subjugation of women was easier because most of the rest of society has similar, the same, or worse believes around women. That's one of those things that is also reinforced with many other aspects of society.

The farther back you go in contemporary history, the more you find about how bad women were treated. It was not something that only the WT came up with, they just took advantage of an existing societal perception and norm.

I imagine that by mental you mean traumatic. If that's the case, I agree. It was horrible in my JW house because my mother was more intelligent than my father, and that caused a lot of problems.

In congregations what you normally see are a lot of passive/aggressive bitter women, many channeling their anger by backstabbing gossiping and making very person that comes across them as miserable as they are. Many have issues around food, and a whole lot of them are depressed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've come to suspect that the overall cultural subjugation of women has its origins in efforts to make sex more easily accessible to men who otherwise had considerable trouble getting it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

OH! Because she doesn't have a penis...of course...makes perfect sense now....

Apologies in advance if I offend anyone. This statement reminds me of an old joke.

Little Johnny and little Susie were playing in the sandbox when little Johnny suddenly jumped up, dropped his trousers and underwear, and while pointing at his penis proclaimed, "I'll bet you don't have one of these!"

Of course little Susie knowing that she didn't burst into tears and ran home crying.

Several minutes later she came skipping back to the sandbox with a big smile on her face.

Little Johnny looking puzzled asked, "Why are you so happy? You don't have a penis."

Little Susie just hiked up her skirt, pulled down her panties and pointing between her legs giggled and said, "My mommy told me with one of these I could ALL of those I want!"

Sorry for getting off track a bit, but humor (even sick humor) is good for the morning.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Vidiot2 days ago2 days ago
    I've come to suspect that the overall cultural subjugation of women has its origins in efforts to make sex more easily accessible to men who otherwise had considerable trouble getting it.

You May be on to something there, as a woman it's been my experience that the more intelligent, pleasant, nice looking , well balanced etc etc a guy is the less likely he is to treat women as second rate.

Obviously these types of guys rarely have problems finding a girlfriend/partner etc.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

haha! fedupjw!

Love it!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

These reason this exists in JWs and other christian groups is because it's in 1 Corinthians 11. (However may I point of the 'covering' described refers to a woman's hair as show by the context and culture of the text.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit