A woman wearing a head covering in subjugation of men - absolutely mental

by jambon1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

How did they ever get away with that and how does it go down now, in today's society?

Its fucking mental.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Head covering of women - Yet another male chauvinistic tradition created by ancient nomads. Name a religion that does not dishonor women. Yet, women play a major part in all religions.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

How does any religion get away with it? It's called freedom baby.

Maybe they got tips from muslims. There are non-muslim women who come out in support of head coverings - go figure? A symbol of male oppression being celebrated as a symbol of religious freedom! W The Actual F!

Mad world.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it is one of the most ludicrous things ever...

How does a woman simply putting a napkin on her head prove "submission"?

And why does she even need to be "submissive"? Really, why?

OH! Because she doesn't have a penis...of course...makes perfect sense now....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@ stuck " ... because she doesn't have a penis" ... to put on her head? Lol!

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Muslim women claim that 'modest' dress liberates them and that western women have been reduced to sex objects. But the truth is that the human female's body is not only Nature's greatest work of art, but her most insideous weapon; Islam understands this. By refusing to objectify their own bodies, Muslim women only disempower themselves. I feel sorry for every girl who grows up in this religion and never experiences the intoxicating power over men that is every woman's birthright.

• VIII
    VIII

When I was in college, it was close to an Amish community. One of my roommates worked at one of the Amish dairy's during her summers and holidays. She had lots of pics of her wearing the Amish head covering. She said she got so used to wearing it, she wore it all the time! She never thought about it until I took a Middle Eastern Religions studies class. It opened her eyes. She took it off and only wore it when working.

My Mom, still in, will put the napkin on her head unthinkingly. I have gotten on her for her completely wacko views like this. It drives me crazy. On other issues regarding men vs. women she is a feminist. I have no idea how she reconciles being a JW on one hand and a "feminist" on the other.

Completely nutz.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I can't remember the passage but wasn't it the woman's hair on their head supposed to be the head covering? The whole scarf thing is ridiculous.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I remember a long time ago being asked to attend a study by a sister. Reluctantly I went. She thought it best she take the study as I was only standing in.

She then explained her reasons why she had to wear a head covering and proceeded to wrap her scarf around her head. She didn't think to wear a suitable hat of some sort. Nope. She decided to look like a female version of the maharaja. The guy just looked at her and must have thought what wacko.

• Simon
    Simon
    How did they ever get away with that and how does it go down now, in today's society?

They've convinced millions of women that a symbol of pure subjugation is somehow empowering and liberating.

Lots of people are very, very stupid - it's the only explanation. The power of virtue signalling over sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit