Number of Kingdom Halls Worldwide

by wachttorenkijker 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• benny
    benny

https://youtu.be/io0MFIug48M

Link to a video by Kim and Mike

• wachttorenkijker
    wachttorenkijker

Thanks for sharing. I saw the video they refer to.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/Reports/pub-jwb_201908_10_VIDEO

So they know exactly the number of kingdom halls. As I understand they consider the Kingdom Halls all over the world as their property. Properties they can sell when the HQ wants to do so. They consider it as owned by the HQ, because it is placed in their all-knowing computer system Hub. Even they are not the legal owners. So they "have" al those properties, but the properties are not on the balance in their accountancy. Do I understand this correctly?

On 6.38 in the JW-video from august 2019 I think I saw the number of all the properties: 69.349.

On 6.45 in the JW-video from august 2019 I think I saw the number of Kingdom Halls worldwide: 61.349.

So a little bit more than 50% of the total number of congregations.

When I'm wrong, please correct me.

• wachttorenkijker
    wachttorenkijker

What would be the average value per Kingdom Hall? Is € 100.000,00 a good indication?

In that case is the total value more than: € 6.000.000.000. Selling only 5% in a year wil bring in ± € 210.000.000. Assuming they get 70% of the selling price. But I think that will be more, because they look for selling properties without or with a low mortgage.

Building new KH, with low costs, because of simple design, and of course with free labour!, creates new properties to sell later on with profit. And so the money machines goes on and on.

Clever business! JW pay for it with real money and hard labour.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I have difficulty watching Kim and Mike.

I'm sorry, but they remind me just a little too much of the TV reporter in Iron Man 2 who comments on Pepper Potts' promotion by smashing coffee cups with a baseball bat.

IMO, if you want people to take you seriously, you need to talk in a more subdued and serious manner.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    IMO, if you want people to take you seriously, you need to talk in a more subdued and serious manner.

I agree...I try to listen to them but rather than simply reporting their findings, they use it mock and ridicule. Maybe it's just me but, their obviously extensive research seems to come from a place of gleeful vindictiveness rather than one of concern for those who are having or have had difficulty with the Watchtower organization. To me, they are the opposite of Barbara Anderson.

I try to overlook this and focus on the information they present but they often remind me of a couple of jeering mean kids on the playground of some small town school, who gang up on the gay kid who just moved in from the city . To me, they sometimes come across as bullies when they look back and forth at one another for reassurance as they point out even the most feeble bit of information they can find to stick it to the Watchtower.

It's too bad bad because often they do have some useful information to share but you have to be willing to get past the way it's presented. Having said that, depending upon what stage of leaving one is in, they may be just what some people need. they obviously have a following.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Agreed.

I experience schadenfreude as much as the next guy, and the feeling definitely has its place, but over-the-top gloating has always rubbed me the wrong way*.

Personally, I'm more inclined to present it in a more wry, sardonic manner.

Like this: Vidiot

*American politics seems to encourage it, but it just feels petty and vindictive to me and IMO, fuels divisiveness rather than fixing a problem... as far as I'm concerned, only the very worst villains deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I tend to agree with the criticisms of Kim & Mikey ,and I do find its a shame because they do come up with valid points to consider against the WTB&TS .

Maybe its a case of dont shoot the messenger ,just analyze the message for what its worth.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

No business can survive without sales. Watchtower don't have much to sell these days but real estate and when that's gone----------yikes because the price of the other produce that they sell----------------- bullshit-- is very low!

just saying!

• wachttorenkijker
    wachttorenkijker

In the early day's the WT sold lots and lost of books and magazines, produced with low costs. That economic "model" is gone. So they had to find a new "income-model". I think that's found in real estate. It can go one for a long time.

• nomoreguilt73
    nomoreguilt73

The congregation I grew up in is on the market now. They are asking an obsene amount for it. I am from Western NY and it is in a very small town. My elderly parents now have to drive 30 some miles to the congregation they are asigned to. Even in the blizzard weather they get there, they are expected to attend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit