Number of Kingdom Halls Worldwide

by wachttorenkijker 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wachttorenkijker
    wachttorenkijker

How many Kingdom Halls are there worldwide? Even better how many in the years 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

I'm asking this to get a picture of the total real estate owning of the JW and how this become to the money-cow in these days.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Don't know the exact stats...

...but...

...we hear way more reports or closures and sales then we do of new construction.

Coincidentally enough, said sales seem to correlate pretty close to court settlements/fines.

Can't imagine why.

• LeeT
    LeeT

I've just checked the spreadsheet I made from field service data in the Year Books and at the website but Hall Numbers isn't something I've tracked.
    One thing to bear in mind might be the closure and sale of high-value Western halls being replaced by low-value halls in lower-income countries where the growth is.

• LV101
    LV101

Kim&Mike YouTubes might have good idea or perhaps you can email them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

wachttorenkijker

Welcome to this forum,an interesting first post .I think it could be interesting not only in the sell off of KH`s and the mergings taking place ,but also the sell off and mergings of Branch Officers around the world that have taken place these last few years .?

Can anybody help with this ?

• wachttorenkijker
    wachttorenkijker

It is remarkable that JW HQ doesn't give any figures of how many kingdom halls there are. They measure everything, so also the number of kingdom halls is known. They don't share it, perhaps because of avoiding tax problems or to keep silent how much money is involved with selling, construction and the monthly payments out of more dan 110.000 congregations.

I guess that the number of kingdom halls about 50% of the number of congregations is. They are not officilaly on the balance sheet of the HQ, but they can sell the propertys if they want and take the money. They proclaim this:

A Kingdom Hall is a building dedicated to Jehovah. Therefore, it cannot rightly be said to belong to any individual or congregation, whatever its legal title may indicate.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015528#h=25

Every year they do so. But there is totally no information about this moneymaker. It has to be big money; I guess. And all away from taxes... Clever!

I am living in the Netherlands and go sometimes to Sweden. The northern country's Sweden, Norway and Danmark had not so long ago their own Branch, but the Branches in Sweden en Norway are sold. The Branches where payed by JW in Sweden en Norway, but the money after the selling will have gone to the US.

Jehovah's Witnesses is nothing more than big business, but the without paying taxes and contributing to the normal community. Normal JW are misguided to give money or work for free, thinking that it will be for Jehovah. Disgusting! I hope that we can help more JW to see this scam. I try this with my Dutch website: wachttorenkijker.nl

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    watchtorenkijker - "It is remarkable that JW HQ doesn't give any figures of how many kingdom halls there are."

Agreed.

Which suggests to me that said figures indicate something they don't want widely known...

...and since "growth=God's Blessing" has been such an integral component of the WTS's ideological DNA for so long...

...the simplest explanation that comes to mind is the opposite of growth...

...i.e. dwindling numbers...

...i.e. decline.

• benny
    benny

As lv101 says Kim and Mike are doing an amazing job of consolidating and researching. They did a vdeo month's ago when the society inadvertantly showed some figures on a video showing thousands of properties earmarked for sale. I will see if I can find the YouTube link or someone else might have it.

• wachttorenkijker
    wachttorenkijker
    @benny: That would be nice!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    watchtorenkijker - "...this become to the money-cow in these days."

For now.

Eventually, the family silver runs out, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit